how safe is vaping nicotine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: how safe is vaping nicotine

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default how safe is vaping nicotine

obviously its much safer than cigarettes, i dont think anyone besides philip morris would argue that. however, i do find myself coughing from it and i doubt it 100% safe. what is your opinion?

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am hoping it is safer than smoking and I am sure it is not 100% safe.

That is why we class it as harm reduction and do not recommend it to anyone who is not a smoker.

(Saying something is safer than smoking is not saying a whole hell of a lot!) Lol.
    filter and Prometheus72 like this.

My Hobby is my Hobie !
    (Mirage Tandem Island)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My doctor says its ok. Nothing stays in your lungs and nothing sticks to them from the juice to much of anything will kill you. Buy between Vaping and analogs. You know the answer.

*Vaping Experimentalist* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

There are reports all over the place about the effects of nicotine. The nicotine in e-liquids is used to satisfy the 'addiction' part of trying break the combustible tobacco use. Lots of debate out there, and on ECF, just have to search a bit.

As far as your 'coughing' goes, it could be a number of things. E-liquid produces a vapor which is inhaled, and even though much better than conventional cigarette smoke, it is still something foreign to your lungs. Another possibility is that you may be having a reaction to either the PG or the VG additives. Maybe it's your lungs trying to rid themselves of prior tobacco tar buildup? Hard to say. Might be worth having a doctor check it out.

Since I started vaping e-liquid, I have not felt better than I have recently in a very long time.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well, what is the % of nicotine in your juice? is it 12, 18, 24, 36? It sounds very much to me that your juce is way too strong and u should try to lower nicotine %.

And as far as nicotine safeness - from what I know it's like caffeine in coffee. Which basically means that every other day a read in the news that some group of pseudo-scientists did another pseudo-study and found that caffeine is bad, and next week seme group of pseudo-scientists does another pseudo-study and finds that caffeine is great. And this goes on for years.

And which again means that nicotine is generally safe (of course it's poisonous if abused) just like caffeine.

Super Member ECF Veteran

i think its 18% and i'm looking to go up not down since it pretty much have to hit it constantly to match having a cigarette an hour

Super Member ECF Veteran

er i guess its not 18% its 18mg/ml so that would make it 1.8% if my math is correct.

*Vaping Experimentalist* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

There are natural tobacco extract juices out there that more closely resemble tobacco but don't contain a lot of the harmful additives that processed tobacco contains.

The higher the nicotine count in e-liquid, the more throat hit experienced. Add that to the battery device and juice delivery device, the whole combination is responsible for the experience you get from your vape. It could possible be that you are experiencing poor vapes (dry, scratchy, hits from heck).

Super Member ECF Veteran

i must say though, when my ecig is working properly (fresh cartridge, full battery), it is far more enjoyable than a cigarette ever was (besides the first one of the day and after sex). perhaps i'll still have a morning cig and an after sex cig and vape the rest of the time haha

Super Member ECF Veteran

i coughed alot too at first. that cough went away and now vaping is much easier. i honestly KNOW vaping is less harmful than smoking. adjusting to the vapor might take a little time but its worth it.

last week i smoked two packs a day. today i have had 5 cigarettes. ive cut my ciarette use every day since i started vaping. i just have not wanted to smoke. even in just one week i see huge benefits. i dont cough in the morning. i can taste and smell things i totally was unaware of before.

it might help to do a kind of off hand inhale. take a mouth full of vapor and then breathe in through your nose. it helps and when you are more used to the vapor you will find you forget to breathe in through your nose.

hang in there. :-)
    filter likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast