What's the difference between atomizers and cartomizers?
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: What's the difference between atomizers and cartomizers?

  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    durham,nc
    Posts
    55

    Default What's the difference between atomizers and cartomizers?

    Sorry to ask a newbie question but, I am in fact new to e-cigarette world.
    I've just got Vapage VmodXL. When I placed the order on line, someone actually suggested that I'd rather order atomizers (1.5 ohm) together.
    As I received the package, however, I realized that a 2.2 ohm silo cartomizer and a 2.0 ohm Hybrid BF atomizer are included, and the 2.2 ohm silo cartomizer is assembled to VmodXl upon arrival.

    As a first time user, I am pretty much confused about which/how to use this cartomizer or atomizer.

    In fact, I am now using the default (2.2 ohm cartomizer) one but it turned out that vaping is a bit weak.

    My first question is which one I should use for vaping.

    I have two e-liquids; one is First Strike (probably Lucky strike flavor) and the other is Tobacco.
    And, currently testing First Strike.

    The second question is whether I could you the same cartomizer or atomizer for the different e-liquid.
    Is it ok?

    Thanks for your generous help in advance.

  2. #2
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinhvanhoa View Post
    The second question is whether I could you the same cartomizer or atomizer for the different e-liquid.
    Is it ok?
    If you are dripping into the atomizer, then YES, you can vape a varity af juices on it, but with cartomizers, the old taste tend to stick a bit longer (very strong flavors will be very hard to get rid of)...

    Personally I really don't worry that much about it... Some tastes work really bad together, but most often, the old taste goes away after a refill or two...

    Just my 2c

  3. #3
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Caldwell
    Posts
    24

    Default bottom feeder

    Quote Originally Posted by kinhvanhoa View Post
    Sorry to ask a newbie question but, I am in fact new to e-cigarette world.
    I've just got Vapage VmodXL. When I placed the order on line, someone actually suggested that I'd rather order atomizers (1.5 ohm) together.
    As I received the package, however, I realized that a 2.2 ohm silo cartomizer and a 2.0 ohm Hybrid BF atomizer are included, and the 2.2 ohm silo cartomizer is assembled to VmodXl upon arrival.

    As a first time user, I am pretty much confused about which/how to use this cartomizer or atomizer.

    In fact, I am now using the default (2.2 ohm cartomizer) one but it turned out that vaping is a bit weak.

    My first question is which one I should use for vaping.

    I have two e-liquids; one is First Strike (probably Lucky strike flavor) and the other is Tobacco.
    And, currently testing First Strike.

    The second question is whether I could you the same cartomizer or atomizer for the different e-liquid.
    Is it ok?

    Thanks for your generous help in advance.
    The difference between cartos and attys is really quite apparent with just looking into them. The cartos have a filler that will hold juice in it for the atty to heat up and vape. The atty is just that.. an atty. You have to continually put juice onto the atty to vape.. "direct dripping".
    Now, how it all relates to your situation I am not sure. You bought a bottom feed unit and I really don't have any experience with them. I do know that it will hold a bottle of juice and has a tube/needle to feed the carto or atty. When you need more juice.. you just squeeze the bottle to feed it up. I really think that the same principle should apply with the cartos and attys... in other words the juice would have to be fed more often to the atty where as the carto would hold a certain amount of juice.

    I hope this helps. I am new here to ECF. I am a frequent at ECA and thought I would see what it's like over here. Not a complete Newb here... vaping for just over 6 months now. I hope that some of the things that I have learned can help others to get smoke free and happily vaping!

  4. #4
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    durham,nc
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hjalte81 View Post
    If you are dripping into the atomizer, then YES, you can vape a varity af juices on it, but with cartomizers, the old taste tend to stick a bit longer (very strong flavors will be very hard to get rid of)...

    Personally I really don't worry that much about it... Some tastes work really bad together, but most often, the old taste goes away after a refill or two...

    Just my 2c
    Thanks. Actually, mine has a liquid bottle attached to the vaporizer. So I have replace a bottle with another if I want to vape a different one. Since my two liquids are both tobacco flavor ones, I will try it out then.

  5. #5
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    durham,nc
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyd View Post
    The difference between cartos and attys is really quite apparent with just looking into them. The cartos have a filler that will hold juice in it for the atty to heat up and vape. The atty is just that.. an atty. You have to continually put juice onto the atty to vape.. "direct dripping".
    Now, how it all relates to your situation I am not sure. You bought a bottom feed unit and I really don't have any experience with them. I do know that it will hold a bottle of juice and has a tube/needle to feed the carto or atty. When you need more juice.. you just squeeze the bottle to feed it up. I really think that the same principle should apply with the cartos and attys... in other words the juice would have to be fed more often to the atty where as the carto would hold a certain amount of juice.

    I hope this helps. I am new here to ECF. I am a frequent at ECA and thought I would see what it's like over here. Not a complete Newb here... vaping for just over 6 months now. I hope that some of the things that I have learned can help others to get smoke free and happily vaping!
    Thank you for the reply. I probably could find an answer somewhere else in this forum though. Does "ohm" make a significant different in vaping? I've heard that it is related to the battery capacity and performance but I am not quite sure if it directly affects the amount of vapor. Thank you so much!
    Last edited by kinhvanhoa; 08-19-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Bookmarks