Ego t. Battery drama
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ego t. Battery drama

Default Ego t. Battery drama

So let's see if I can explain this well,
    So I bought an ego t two weeks ago with a CE4 tank and ever since charging both the batteries all i get is 8 flashes of the blue lightafter I screw the tank onto the battery.
    so after painfully trying to get in contact the distributer for 2 weeks we met today and he swapped his batteries forr mine today, hooray I started to vape away!!!!
    i check you tube
    i check this forums search button
    i check the Internet
    So after a day of vaping, with the new batteries I'm back to 8 flashes of my little blue light and no vapour
    but one battery will work(the light stays on) as long as I don't attach the tank, which defeats the purpose
    I have given up!!!!!

My wall charger is making a funny noise too, kinda a cross between a mosquito and a fly having a fight and the light stays permanently green

One battery will be charging overnight, but I'm not holding my breath for a positive outcome in the morning!

can anyone shed some(non flashing, blue) light for me
    thank you for your awesomeness in advance
    Dazz

Full Member ECF Veteran

Have you tried using a different head/tank/atty?

J

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTheV&pe View Post
    Have you tried using a different head/tank/atty?

J
    Do this as your first step in troubleshooting.

Have you tried pulling the post on your battery? Sounds like the ce4's post isn't making a connection with the battery. Easy to do. Just use a paperclip and gently prise up the post on your battery a bit. Don't use too much force. Gently does it. Should sort it hopefully.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

That charger doesn't sound healthy. In fact...it sounds pretty sick. I'd be worried to use it! Especially overnight!

I've not have very good luck with eGo T batteries. They seem to be kind of finicky and unreliable.

The wall charger does make that noise sometimes and its normal. As for the green light staying on when the charger is connected I think your charger may have bitten the dust. Happened to me. Got in contact with the vendor and had it replaced without any problems. Most vendors are good people who want you to be happy with your purchase. Happy buyers = happy vendors and repeat business. Hope this helps.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If that doesn't work have a look at your Batteries and charger and make sure they are all clean of any juice. If this only happens with one Tank/carto then that may be faulty or it maybe pushing down the centre contact on your battery stopping the connection from being made between the battery and the charger. This can be solved by very gently, with a toothpick or similar popping the centre post back up, it is a very small adjustment. Also try not to over tighten anything onto your charger or battery. The centre post on the charger can also get pushed down if you find the battery is still not charging do the same with that. Hope you can sort this out it sounds very frustrating for you
    ~Sue~Feb2012 likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member

I have to agree with ranger1110 here. The 8 blinking lights on an eGo battery indicate that you've exceeded the 10 second limit on the fire button. If you weren't getting vapor by then, you were either not getting voltage to your CE4 or your CE4 is burned up (open). You state that you weren't initially getting vapor, but after changing batteries you were. That indicates to me that your CE4's were good at the time you changed batteries. Odds are they are still good.

Do what ranger1110 suggests about pulling 'up' your post on the battery. It is REALLY easy to over-tighten a CE4 on a battery and mash down that center post. You should actually be able to see the post coming up a bit. Then screw the CE4 back on very lightly and try again.

OH...and if it IS a depressed post, you probably won't be able to charge it either if you're using the screw in charger. A USB pass-thru type will still charge it, but not the screw in type chargers.

If you have access to a multimeter, you can check both your battery and your CE4 to make sure both are good.

Just stick with it. you're just going thru a learning curve. in a few weeks youll be sitting back comfortably vaping and posting on newbie threads telling them how you got thru it,lol.

all these suggestions were good things to learn and youll need to know them for the future.

always have a backup charger, and you can always just plug it into your PC w/o the wall outlet part.

I've only been vaping for just over a month myself and the help you will receive on this forum will be invaluable.we have all been where you are and it does get easier and so much better than giving up and going back to the stinkies. Any problems just ask. That's what's we are all here for.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast