Cream of Tartar removes nicotine out of body/ can also help with life cover test
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cream of Tartar removes nicotine out of body/ can also help with life cover test

Default Cream of Tartar removes nicotine out of body/ can also help with life cover test

Hi all i am a new member, i have been vaping for almost a year now after 14 years of smoking, i thought i would share the cream of tartar facts with those who do not know already, i have started to use this every night, but also thought it would be a good idea to use also if you have a test coming up for your life cover, as it helps draw the nicotine out your body quicker than just not vaping at all, half a spoon is all you need in pure orange juice not form concentrate only, hope this helps

CREAM OF TARTAR EXPLAINED:

Cream of tartar, a.k.a. potassium hydrogen tartrate, pulls nicotine out of your body. Half a teaspoon of cream of tartar in an z glass of o.j. before bedtime will send the nicotine packing via your sweat glands and elimination tracts. You take it before bed so your body has all night to do its work peacefully and thoroughly.

Cream of tartar also replaces necessary potassium lost in the habit. Some say the chemical change resulting in the pH of your body causes it to fight off bacteria better. Some say it causes you begin to dislike the taste of cigarettes, too. The o.j. makes detox easier because the vitamin C scavenges the free radicals you put there by inhaling something on fire with chemicals a lot.

According to ehow, cream of tartar also fixes urinary tract infections and heartburn. Also, it’s made from wine crust and is a vital ingredient in Play-Doh. It stabilizes and creamy-fies eggs and sugar in the world of culinary tricks. It cleans brass and copper cookware and metal coins, and can be combined with vinegar to super-clean stovetops and crusty pans. Cream of tartar is what you add to baking soda to make baking powder. FOOD SCIENCE!
    I suppose you could even do the remedy and keep smoking, and clean as you go, as it were. But nobody in the litigious “real” world will tell you that part. If you drink cream of tartar and orange juice as part of your quitting-smoking regimen, and you’re mindful and contemplative about the nature of your cigarette habit and how it promises to provide you false comfort and spiritual transformation in some way but never comes through … then you smoke fewer cigarettes, because there’s less of a nicotine reservoir in your body that needs to be refilled, and you detox your body chemistry down to where you can quit all the way, cold turkey if you like, without getting totally stabby.
    Cuando likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Interesting facts......Welcome to the forum

Red and Black Reo Grand, Baby Black and Silver Mini, Black oo, Black IPro with M1A1 Tanks and a Black and Silver Reo Grand in my hand.

Full Member Verified Member

thank you for sharing

Ascended to Nirvana Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I would take that pH stuff with a HUGE bit of skepticism. Our bodies keep the delicate balance of pH through our lungs and kidneys so taking this stuff does NOT do as "Some say the chemical change resulting in the pH of your body causes it to fight off bacteria better."

If you have a chemical change resulting in the pH of your body being out of whack, you die if your body cannot correct the imbalance. I know this, I worked for years in the ICU monitoring pH in ABG's. It is just a FACT of life. So fighting off bacteria will be the LAST of your worries if you pH is changed!

Caravela #294, REO's with RM2's: Grand, VVGs, VVWs including Tesla, Mini 2.1s, & Woodvils, Mamu DNA20 Delsy,
    ProVari/ZAP, lizardnipples, RBA's and RDA's with a few Trippy Tips on top

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

What is "Life Cover"? Health insurance?

PV Master Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AuBadge View Post
    What is "Life Cover"? Health insurance?
    A lot of places test for nicotine because they don't want to insure smokers. The thing that sucks about that is that vapers like us pay the price for ignorance.

Al1ce, I hope it's okay with you but I used this post on my blog.
    Last edited by ShogaNinja; 08-23-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

So would they treat you as a smoker even if you had quit and were using NRT's? I was not aware of that, if that is the case. They would treat you as a smoker until you had also stopped any usage of patches,lozenges,gums etc...?

Quote Originally Posted by ShogaNinja View Post
    A lot of places test for nicotine because they don't want to insure smokers. The thing that sucks about that is that vapers like us pay the price for ignorance.

Al1ce, I hope it's okay with you but I used this post on my blog.

PV Master Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by synthros View Post
    So would they treat you as a smoker even if you had quit and were using NRT's? I was not aware of that, if that is the case. They would treat you as a smoker until you had also stopped any usage of patches,lozenges,gums etc...?
    Yes, you are one and the same as a smoker in their eyes. I have some friends who work at a doctor's office and they had to quit smoking right away or get fired. Many places are doing this now, especially in the health care industry.

Moved On

That doesn't even seem right! Testing for nicotine to decide whether you're coverable or not?! It costs a fortune for life insurance already and then they're going to descriminate against people with nicotine in their system? WOW!! No end to corporate greed! I can understand they would want more from smokers because of the added risk but there are just too many other ways for people to ingest nicotine now days that this kind of thing hardly seems ethical.

Reminds me of a story I read where a cop lost his job because he failed a drug test that showed he had opiates in his body. He claimed that he had just eaten 4 poppy seed muffins that morning and that was the only possible explanation. The chief didn't believe him...at first. Once the chief did a little experiment by having other officers eat 4 muffins and then testing them he quickly re-hired the terminated officer. Guess he was scared of a lawsuit...which the fired cop would have won!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinBones View Post
    Reminds me of a story I read where a cop lost his job because he failed a drug test that showed he had opiates in his body. He claimed that he had just eaten 4 poppy seed muffins that morning and that was the only possible explanation. The chief didn't believe him...at first. Once the chief did a little experiment by having other officers eat 4 muffins and then testing them he quickly re-hired the terminated officer. Guess he was scared of a lawsuit...which the fired cop would have won!
    Wow, who eats 4 muffins at one sitting?!?!

This insurance / nicotine thing is nutty. So, here I am, a healthy fit guy. 5'10", 165 pounds, I don't smoke, I run and lift weights several times a week, eat healthy, don't have indiscriminate unprotected s-e-x, rarely drink alcohol, don't sky dive, etc.

But because I have nicotine in my system from vaping, I pay a higher premium than some fat slob that never works out, does wheelies on his crotch rocket on the freeway, and eats 4 muffins for breakfast every morning.

So there ya' go.
    Hoggy likes this.
    “If a thing is worth having, it's worth cheating for." W.C. Fields

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast