Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Unbelievable! Prof Christina Gratziou

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gthompson View Post
    Short interview because she's on her way to the bank to cash that check from RJ Reynolds.
    Did you catch what she recommended instead of e-cigarettes? Clue: It was not a tobacco product.

She is on her way to the bank to cash her check from GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer, makers of approved smoking cessation products.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

Ultra Member ECF Veteran damthisisfun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salt&PePPer View Post
    Looks like I got to add the First Comment. Thumbs up would be appreciated - wonder how many anti-smoking/vaping pundents like Rachel Ray will come out and try to stomp on me? Please folks I need, we need, your help on that Video!
    I know - saw her with all her BS abt e cigs - maybe she needs cut down on the butter - must be affecting her gray matter......lol

ENDS - Electronic Nicotine Delivery System. Vape on.

Super Member ECF Veteran Apptiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalek View Post
    Did you catch what she recommended instead of e-cigarettes? Clue: It was not a tobacco product.

She is on her way to the bank to cash her check from GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer, makers of approved smoking cessation products.
    Yes, I believe she is underwritten by Pfizer and Pfizer paid for the research that produced the report cited at the conference.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

No, she is on her way to cash her check from Pfizer since she receives grant money from them to conduct studies like this. I shall repeat here my comment on this "study." Why would RJReynolds want to ruin the image of e cigarettes anyway since they are in development stage with their own e cig.
    Chistina Gratiziou earlier completed a study of the effectiveness of Chantix as a quitting aid. That study was funded by Pfizer, the makers of Chantix. "G and PAP declare that they have no financial competing interests. KG declares a financial competing interest from the research committee of the University of Thessaly. GS, MM and RS declare financial competing interests as employees of and stock holders of Pfizer, the study sponsor. No authors declare a non-financial competing interest." Tobacco Induced Diseases | Full text | Varenicline as a smoking cessation aid in a Greek population: a subanalysis of an observational study
    Chantix has been given a black box warning and is held responsible for thousands of suicide, suicide ideation, and other extremely frightening side effects; yet that study concludes that Chantix is a great way to quit smoking. Conversely, this same scientist with financial ties to Pfizer, concludes that electronic cigarettes are NOT a safe way to quit smoking. Since there have been no reported harmful side effects of using electronic cigarettes, despite millions of people using them, there should be a giant RED FLAG for this study. It is all about the money, and e cigarettes are a major danger to the profits of companies that directly compete for the quit smoking industry. Is it hypocritical for a scientist who supports Chantix despite its obvious dangers to then declare e cigarettes with no known side effects unsafe? OR, is it profitable for not only Pfizer but also for the scientists who rely on their funding to declare one product safe and the other unsafe?
    jhfw likes this.
    "Deja Moo : The feeling you’ve heard this bull before !"

Full Member Verified Member

Chantix is a great way to quit smoking if you can deal with the CRAZY dreams and desires to kill your spouse/co-workers! I took it and daaamn the stuff it did to me....

It to me should be obvious that vaping is NOT healthy for you, you are breathing in stuff that wasn't designed to be inhaled into your lungs. That being said it has to be considerably better for you than smoking is.

It is an educated risk I am willing to take to Vape over smoke, I enjoy not smelling like an ashtray and hopefully one day breathing better. I get annoyed when anyone trys to tell me they are impartial when they obviously are not. Please don't take me for your fool.

I can't see my signature but it should say I have saved about $250 vaping over smoking, 75% of that is taxes don't for a moment think that your government and mine has not noticed that. Repercussions will come someday and sooner rather than later I believe. Democrat or Republican they all want your life blood (money).
    kparks likes this.

I don't smoke anymore I Vape. I'm happy. I don't care what anyone says. I feel good. I'm all in.

Sounds like Bull from the vid!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tim44120 View Post
    I don't smoke anymore I Vape. I'm happy. I don't care what anyone says. I feel good. I'm all in.
    Same here 1 1/2 years of vaping and I am not sick, I don't hack up half a lung mornings, I can walk long distances and climb stairs and still breathe easily. I also no longer have sinus infections one after another.

I smoked cigarettes for 55 years, the last 20 of them at 2 cartons a week. I know more time will have to go by for my lungs and body to rid themselves of as much of that damage I did to them smoking as they can. I'm so glad I got mad about cig taxes and made the move.
    silkakc and jhfw like this.

Provari, Helix, BAM, Empire, SB, Galileo, Reo Grand, CVI, Chi You

This reminds me of the Documentary..."who killed the Electric car"....in that they show how USA government made policies that would suppress and to a level eradicate the sale of electric car under the pressures from OIL companies... see any similarities in the case of electronic cigarettes as well...no?

I had Nicorette and in the next few days i was diagnosed a skin disease called Lichen Planus in mouth and skin on legs...Lichen Planus which has no definite cure...and at least takes 18 months to cure with recomended medicine(nothing definite) and i still have the disease... I did nothing unusual than routine before i was diagnosed with Lichen Planus...except taking 2 to 3 chewing gums of Nicorette of 4mg...

I continued smoking and i also had the recommended tablets for Lichen Planus given by the Doc and also applied the cream and the burning sensation on my skin and inside of cheeks was there as i never connected the severity of burning sensation and rashes with smoking... A few days back i quit smoking and started vaping and you wouldnt believe...in within 5-6 days of not smoking and just vapping...the rashes were almost gone and the burning in the mouth was gone...everything started healing...even my mental health knowing that Lichen Planus is healing faster...

so say what you wanna say u half brained "Professor Christine whatever"...Vapping has helped me a lot...and i will not quit it...

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Seriously... Welcome to vaping, glad it's working for you. Wishing you the best in getting over the Lichen Planus affliction.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast