Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    I'm happy to see they are adding the manual option to more models. I have added a few 510 auto batts to my stash. They operate differently than most autos in that there is no cutoff or time out which compared to the 4081, eg., is a improvement, imo.
    I got a manual 510 because I heard that the auto ones turn on too easily from noise or wind. Have they been improved? I would like an auto one too.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Here's some better dragon pics. The Dragon - From Truesmoker

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samysam1313 View Post
    I got a manual 510 because I heard that the auto ones turn on too easily from noise or wind. Have they been improved? I would like an auto one too.
    I really haven't had the autos outside - maybe in the car a few times and never had a problem but say, when you get them out of the original pack with the cellophane, they will come on getting them out but I've never seen one go off the the music or tv pretty loud on a movie, etc. The thing that is different is that there is no cutoff or time out after a cutoff like in the supers. I'd say it's worth getting two for rotation on the computer when you're typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Duzit View Post
    Here's some better dragon pics. The Dragon - From Truesmoker
    Thanks EZ. Those sure look sharp. Might just get one of those later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    The thing that is different is that there is no cutoff or time out after a cutoff like in the supers.
    Thanks Kent. Not sure what you mean by your quote above. The autos cut off automatically. By "time out", do you mean that there is no waiting time before you can puff on it again?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Holy cow was I overwhelmed when I first starting reading the forums on this site. All these different numbers and combinations and different liquids and such. This thread was a great read. I'm currently an ex-smoker of about 7 years that still misses it. I'll "indulge" at the yearly golf outing at work, but that's about it. I saw a blucig add and starting googling around for more information about these e-cigs. I really want to buy one, but I've been scammed so many times on other purchases. From everything I've read so far (5 evenings here) I think the manual 510 is what I'd like. For me, the filling feel on the inhale in the throat and lungs is the biggest part I miss. Now I need to find a supplier! I'm going to read the "Wonderful World of Vaping" link as well, but it's huge, and I wanted to post here first. Thanks again, this was a much less confusing read.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeytown View Post
    Thanks again, this was a much less confusing read.
    That was my goal, to clarify the simple questions without confusing.

Hope it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeytown View Post
    Holy cow was I overwhelmed when I first starting reading the forums on this site. All these different numbers and combinations and different liquids and such. This thread was a great read. I'm currently an ex-smoker of about 7 years that still misses it. I'll "indulge" at the yearly golf outing at work, but that's about it. I saw a blucig add and starting googling around for more information about these e-cigs. I really want to buy one, but I've been scammed so many times on other purchases. From everything I've read so far (5 evenings here) I think the manual 510 is what I'd like. For me, the filling feel on the inhale in the throat and lungs is the biggest part I miss. Now I need to find a supplier! I'm going to read the "Wonderful World of Vaping" link as well, but it's huge, and I wanted to post here first. Thanks again, this was a much less confusing read.
    Hi Hockeytown. It is confusing at first. If you read these forums, it will help a lot. I am pretty new to all this, but did a lot of research before I bought a starter kit. I decided on the 510 as it seemed the best from what I'd read. I got the manual one which has a switch to turn it on because I had read that the automatic ones were too sensitive and would turn on from loud noises or wind. I am very happy with mine. However I would like an automatic one as well. Still trying to figure out which auto one I should get. If you've been smoke free for 7 years, I don't know why you would want an ecig. It is not a stop smoking device. It is for those who want a better alternative. If you do decide on getting one, go for the no nicotine juices. No need for you to get hooked on that again.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran quasimod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hockeytown, if you're mostly after the sensation of inhaling, you might want to consider a zero nicotine juice. That way you don't become re-addicted to nicotine. You can still get all the flavors!

Quote Originally Posted by samysam1313 View Post
    Hi Hockeytown. It is confusing at first. If you read these forums, it will help a lot. I am pretty new to all this, but did a lot of research before I bought a starter kit. I decided on the 510 as it seemed the best from what I'd read. I got the manual one which has a switch to turn it on because I had read that the automatic ones were too sensitive and would turn on from loud noises or wind. I am very happy with mine. However I would like an automatic one as well. Still trying to figure out which auto one I should get. If you've been smoke free for 7 years, I don't know why you would want an ecig. It is not a stop smoking device. It is for those who want a better alternative. If you do decide on getting one, go for the no nicotine juices. No need for you to get hooked on that again.
    Hi samysam, slogging through all the posts and lists of suppliers on here trying to figure out what the right e-cig is for me...I found that you can get auto batteries for your 501 that you already have...might be an easier way to try out an auto.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast