Clearomizer Leaking Through the Bottom

Thread: Clearomizer Leaking Through the Bottom

Full Member Verified Member

Default Clearomizer Leaking Through the Bottom

Hello all,
    I have a clearomizer that seems to be leaking through the bottom. I am deeply concerned about frying my battery. I just tried cleaning it for the first time (used one of the youtube cleaning/dry burn videos). Did I screw it up that way? Or could I have inadvertantly filled the juice through the center hole? I don't want this to happen again. Should I junk the clearomizer?

Thanks!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have had a few of them leak out of the bottom. I took a pair of needle nose plyers and gently pulled on the contact on the bottom. I don't know if that was the correct solution, but it worked. Of course...it may never work again, and be bad advise. I was going to toss it it it continued to leak, so I had nothing to lose.

if its a stardust is the tip screwed all the way down onto the atomizer with no gap.leaked bad when it happened to me.only a slight gap but it leaked on to the battery and steamed up inside.

Full Member Verified Member

Mine leaked too. I made a small spacer for the mouth piece from one of the silicone covers that came with my stardust. The gap is gone and now it does not leak. I hope thia helps.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Just gatta ask, what kind of clearo? There are to many different clearos for any one correct answer.
    With rebuildables like the Nova and Stardust I watch the wick when I take the top off to refill. If it turns you need to tighten the head back up before filling.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg