Head is spinning!!!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Head is spinning!!!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Head is spinning!!!

First post. Hubby and I smoked for about 25 years. Tired of the expense, smell, mess, health effects, etc.... Have been wanting to quit smoking for quite some time, but wanting to and doing it successfully has been a challenge for both of us. A co-worker/friend of mine's son recently started his own business adventure as an e-cig supplier so I decided to give them a try. I purchased 2 starter kits, one for each of us. Each kit included a carry case, 1 cig sized battery, 2 filled cartomizers, usb-charger. I also purchased 2 boxes each of 5 prefilled carto's so we'd have a few weeks at least of supplies to give it a good start. Cost came to $180.00, and that was a family/friend "deal". I'm not upset but now that I have been researching and reading, reading, reading on this and other forums, I do feel I could have made wiser choices/purchases. Water under the bridge

I am happy to tell you this is day number 15 NO CIGARETTES!!!!!!! This makes me feel so good about our decision to try the e-cig. Vaping for me is very satisfying and is an exceptional replacement for me. Hubby is struggling a bit. He still wants a cigarette and he thinks about it alot. He is refraining from purchasing any though, which is good. I think I need to upgrade our battery power and possibly larger cartridges so that the charging of batts and carto's that don't last him all day at work problem can be resolved. Hoping I can decide soon and get an order placed. Therefore the title of this thread is my head is spinning!! I have read so much the past week or 2 I think I've just added to my confusion. So much equipment to pick from. Thanks for listening!

PV Master ECF Veteran

What type kit did you get? Do you know what type threading it has? Welcome glad its working for you so far but it will get lots better,
    Miss Chris likes this.

ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to this new world

I just recieved my first kit yesterday. I lurked and read so much the previous weeks......I think my head has finally stopped spinning at such an alarming rate. Now it is down to a spin like on a merry-go-round. Lots of information and lots of people that are willing to help out.

Good luck! Hope you are able to find the solution for your Hubby!

Congrats on being able to quit totally on the cigs!!! I am still working on that one LOL. I will get there
    Miss Chris likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Very similar story here....day 12 of vaping and no cigarettes. Having a tough time finding replacement cartomizers for the brand my wife bought when we were on vacation. Congratulations and good luck to you!
    Miss Chris likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
    Welcome to this new world

I just recieved my first kit yesterday. I lurked and read so much the previous weeks......I think my head has finally stopped spinning at such an alarming rate. Now it is down to a spin like on a merry-go-round. Lots of information and lots of people that are willing to help out.

Good luck! Hope you are able to find the solution for your Hubby!

Congrats on being able to quit totally on the cigs!!! I am still working on that one LOL. I will get there
    I sure do wish now that I had done my research before I made my purchase but not unhappy that it is working for me!!

Good luck to all!

Mystagogue φ Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome and congratulations ex-smoker! You will get lots of good advice here, but it can be overwhelming. My 2 cents: while some may say to start with the absolute best, unless you're in the 1% my suggestion is to start in the mid-range, like an eGo (even the modders all have an eGo in a drawer somewhere), since you can add lots of toys to it: tanks, clearomizers, etc. and you will still have something to put on your xmas list - like a twist or (drool) a provari.
    Miss Chris likes this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I almost made the same post about my head spinning lol. I started with a Smoov kit, 2 batteries, charger, 6 cartos, and juice. I haven't had a cigarette in almost 4 weeks. Mind over matter for me. I did just order an Ego Twist though, because I need the extra power and battery life Congrats on quitting though! And tell your hubby not to feel bad about having the occasional cig, I think we all did that at first.
    Miss Chris likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Bravo for both of you!! Any money you spent is worthwhile if it got you off cigs. Now, you might want to get an Ego C Twist setup. A couple of those and something like a vivi Nova for the delivery system just may fit your needs. You can use any 510 cartomizer, blank or prefilled with it or the vivi Nova, or a Clearomizer. You will want 2 batteries in case one fails. A charger and whatever delivery system you would like.

A 650 maH battery should last most of the day unless he can smoke all the time at work. But you can go with 1000 mah if you wish. Here is a nice kit with a Stardust instead of a vivi Nova. http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page...category_id=38
    Gloria and Miss Chris like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Congrats on quitting!!! I just started E-cigs my self. This is what I would get if I where you
    510 Vision eGo Tank Kit
    and some Juice form the same vendor ($11 for 50ml of juice is a good deal) and you will be st for quite some time. 2 batteries is the best way to go. So wile one is charging you have the other to vape on. It will be a good step in the right direction for you.

Ps...the extra $15 is worth it for the twist posted above
    Last edited by disturbed1; 09-16-2012 at 04:23 AM.
    Miss Chris likes this.

ECF Veteran

Definitely agree, we need more hardware!! I'm the one dealing with the refilling of the cartomizers for him and I. Not a big deal but, very time consuming. One battery for each of us is not enough. It is for me because I don't smoke at work all day, only on break so the battery lasts, but hubs is out and about so more opportunity for him to puff. I did purchase a charger for the car and that seems to help a bit. The ego looks like it would fit the bill for sure. Would be great if it fits in our pockets for carrying around with us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast