Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blu Charger pack

Default Blu Charger pack

Greetings!

I have purchased a Blu Cigs starter pack, and have received it via the mail. I charged the Blu pack (PCC I guess is the term) and then plugged a battery into it. Now, for a while the external LED blue light on the pack was solid, but after 15 minutes, the blue external LED began to flash periodically. Meaning the LED was off for a bit and then flashed blue, then off then blue etc.

The instructions say once the external LED light turns off, charging is complete for the battery. But I can't find anything regarding the periodic flash, and Blu CS hasn't answered my question regarding it yet.

Was wondering if anyone here could shed some insight?

Thanks for your time.

Heh, I received the package a few days after ordering it. I was surprised since their site said to expect 4 to 6 weeks, but I guess I benefited since both they and I are on the east coast. The problem is, I have viewed all vids on Blu's site, and progressed to youtube etc.

The instructions that came with the device said for the USB charger, when charging was complete the light would turn green. The quickstart guide said the light would turn blue. Inconsistancy aside, the light changed from red to blue back to red to blue etc after 2 hours.

So, after the PCC was charged (Blu Pack), I placed a battery into the charge port, which triggered the external LED to turn blue. But shortly afterwards, the external LED began to flash. Dark for a few seconds and then a blue quick flash. Repeat. The included guide says the LED will turn off when the charge is complete. Again, no mention of flashing.

I cannot find a reference for what this means, hopefully someone can shed some info.

Wait,are you saying you put a battery in,after charging the pack?
    Im not sure Im getting you.
    For me:
    I put the battery in the PCC.
    Plug it in.
    Wait until the Blue light on the PCC flashes periodically.
    This means mine is ready to go.
    Is this what your talking about??
    Rottingdeads a little tipsy,so forgive me if I sound ignorant!

Yes, I charged the PCC using the wall charger until the USB connector LED connected to the Wall charger went from blue to dark (which according to the vids means the PCC is done charging).

I then disconnected the Blu Pack from the wall charger and placed a battery in it. It activated the external blue LED on the PCC for a bit, which then began flashing periodically.

Are you saying the periodic flashing means the charge is complete?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I think they need to update their instructions. It seems the correct sign of a charged battery in the pack is the blue light blinking and for the usb charger it will turn solid blue (not green as the instructions say.)

I also got mine within a week of ordering and I am west coast

Regarding the USB charger, when it's LED changes from solid red (for about 15 seconds) to solid blue (for like 45 seconds) and then back to red for another 15 seconds and then back to blue etc, what does that mean?

What is the expected result when the battery is fully charged?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty Vapor View Post
    Yeah, I just don't know enough about Blu's products to dole out advice, sorry.
    Thank you for listening anyways

Vaping At FL370 Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

epoch, I can move this thread to the Blu forum if you think you might get more answers.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

the usb charger will eventually turn blue and stay blue. I think when you get the switching from red to blue and back to red it is nearly at full charge. Again, Blu really needs to update their instructions rather than leave us guessing and filling in the blanks.

How do you like it so far? Today is my first full day without analogs and I'm doing it with the Blu only

The blue light on the outside of the pack is on when the e-cig battery is charging. It goes off once the charge is complete. But it will also drain the battery if the battery is left screwed in. Once a tiny bit has drained, it attempts to charge it again, which is why the light comes back on.

The trick is to unscrew the battery as soon as you see that blue light go out. This helps conserve the PCC power and battery longevity, and keeps that bright blue light from coming on intermittently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast