Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How do I make my new drip tips fit the vivi nova??

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default How do I make my new drip tips fit the vivi nova??

So I bought some new stainless steel drip tips.. but to my disappointment... they dont really stay in place when i put em on my vivi nova... maybe a thicker o-ring? anyone dealt with this issue before?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't had this issue. I have a steel drip tip on one tank and a delrin on another and they both do fine. Both are 510. I like having different colored tips so I can remember which juice is in which tank.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've found it's hit or miss. Some of mine fit tight in a VN while others damn near fall out when you turn it over. I'm not that into aesthetics so I just use the ones that fit properly.
    kljoki likes this.

ECF Veteran

weird.. I guess I didnt get lucky lol

Full Member ECF Veteran

ahh.. have the same issue with some of my tips. I just use a white teflon tape for plumbing. I just wrap it a few times around the bottom part where the o-ring sits to make a snug fit in the nova. Been using it a few days now without problems even if i drop or put my pv in my pocket sometimes.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by empot View Post
    ahh.. have the same issue with some of my tips. I just use a white teflon tape for plumbing. I just wrap it a few times around the bottom part where the o-ring sits to make a snug fit in the nova. Been using it a few days now without problems even if i drop or put my pv in my pocket sometimes.
    hmm didnt think of that.. got a ton of those for my aquarium equipment.. thanks!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You know, I just checked my tanks and there is a little play in the steel tip. It doesn't fall off but there's a little wiggle. I wonder if the pocket thing is the big issue. I have an eGo case and always store the novas in there when I'm transporting them. (I'm female and have a handbag.) I've never put them in a pocket. Women's trousers have teeny tiny pockets.
    CayCay likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Figgy View Post
    You know, I just checked my tanks and there is a little play in the steel tip. It doesn't fall off but there's a little wiggle. I wonder if the pocket thing is the big issue. I have an eGo case and always store the novas in there when I'm transporting them. (I'm female and have a handbag.) I've never put them in a pocket. Women's trousers have teeny tiny pockets.
    yea it fit at first.. then i wiggled it and it came off.. then i stared at it like a monkey with a rock at my office desk at work.. and started to jam it in and wiggle it out thinking that it'll eventually stick... dunno what i was thinking lol... i finally gave up and put the old drip tip on lol... hope no one in the office saw that..

Full Member ECF Veteran

@jeromeit - no worries. let me know how it works for you.

@figgy - steel tip in a steel cap... hrm. not sure if pocketing them will present that big of an issue. i can see it getting worse with acrylics as they tend to deform if bent. if it gets too much wiggle, there's always plumber's tape.
    kljoki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jeromeit View Post
    So I bought some new stainless steel drip tips.. but to my disappointment... they dont really stay in place when i put em on my vivi nova... maybe a thicker o-ring? anyone dealt with this issue before?
    Wish i read this before i placed my order

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast