2.8 ohm vivi nova heads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2.8 ohm vivi nova heads

Default 2.8 ohm vivi nova heads

i have had bad experiences with the 2.8 ohm vivi nova heads. i noticed they seem to have thicker wicks . I barely get any flavor , if at all, when i use those heads. the 2.4 and 1.8 ohm heads work much better for me. In fact, i tried filling my vivi nova with some malty toffee and the 2.8 head and it seemed that the juice was not getting up the wicks ... , i then tried the same head with a thinner juice and though it seemed the juice was being absorbed by the wick, there still didnt seem to be any flavor...

am i doing something wrong or is it the 2.8 ohm heads ? just wondering . thanks

Full Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Salamangkero1 View Post
    i have had bad experiences with the 2.8 ohm vivi nova heads. i noticed they seem to have thicker wicks . I barely get any flavor , if at all, when i use those heads. the 2.4 and 1.8 ohm heads work much better for me. In fact, i tried filling my vivi nova with some malty toffee and the 2.8 head and it seemed that the juice was not getting up the wicks ... , i then tried the same head with a thinner juice and though it seemed the juice was being absorbed by the wick, there still didnt seem to be any flavor...

am i doing something wrong or is it the 2.8 ohm heads ? just wondering . thanks
    What device are you using them on? Is it VV? If it is are you using a higher voltage setting?

Sounds to me like your battery doesn't put enough volts out to run at the higher resistance value. In other words the 2.8 ohm vivi nova head isn't getting hot enough to properly vaporize the juice.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Use the ones that work The 2.8 ohm head has 1 thick strand of wick compared to 4? strands on the 1.8 and 2.4 heads. I personally save the 2.8 heads for rebuilds.

PV Master Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

No, the wicks on the Vivi Nova Mini kinda suck. The best thing you can do is learn how to re-wick them with cotton or bamboo thread. Detailed instructions as to how to do so can be found in my blog, The Vaper's Handbook, the link to which you can find below this post in my signature (above my quit banner). Read up.

The Vivi Nova Mini is known for its muted flavor, lack of durability, and ugly looks. The better clearomizer IMO is the E1-V which can be gotten, for the same price as a Vivi Nova Mini, at DiscountVapers.com (E1 / E2 / E3 (Apollo and Revive) it's the second and third items on this list - left to right, top to bottom. Low Resistance and Standard Resistance are your options). If you don't ever want to rebuild then maybe sticking with the Vivi Nova might be the better deal, but not the better vape.
    Last edited by ShogaNinja; 10-10-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've noticed the same thing and I only use the 1.8 ohm.
    Trying a rebuild sounds like a great idea...

PV Master Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jjcordone View Post
    I've noticed the same thing and I only use the 1.8 ohm.
    Trying a rebuild sounds like a great idea...
    It is a great idea. Not only is it pennies on the dollar compared to the cost of buying replacement heads, the performance is much better. Cotton and bamboo threads are not only organic, and thus safer (preliminary research shows that the silica found in most commercial atomizers lodges in your lungs - as long as permanently), they also perform better in the flavor department (and cost department). The only drawback is that these organic materials CANNOT be dry burned and cleaned in this manner - due to their flammability. This leads to additional cost, as you have to replace the coil and wick more often (as soon as 2 weeks to a month), in contrast to a silica wick, which I have had last as long as nearly 3-4 months, through cleaning and dry-burning once a week; at a maximum.
    Last edited by ShogaNinja; 10-10-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Full Member Verified Member

I bought the mini for its rebuildability and now gone back to the Kanger T2 for me its better all round clearo

thanks for all the replies. i will try rebuilding the vivi nova with the organic wicks.

Free at last Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

There's nothing wrong with the wicks on the vivi novas. And cotton or bamboo wicks are opening up a whole new can of worms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast