Clearomizer wicks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Clearomizer wicks

Default Clearomizer wicks

Hello gang,

I'm glad I found these E-Cigarettes, they've certianly come a long way.

I had bought a Cleartomizer locally and noticed that it came with one wick. And was told replacement wicks were about five bucks. Anyway I bought a Redux 808 Clearomizer online and was wondering do I have to replace the whole Clearomizer? Or is there a place I can buy replacement wicks? I searched the online vendor's store high and low and just saw new Clearomizers, no wicks.

Is it assumed that since they're about 5 bucks you just buy new Clearomizers? Or am I missing something.

Sorry for such a simple post but I can't seem to find any information on Youtube videos, and I'm kind of a goofball when it comes to the forum search feature.

Thanks.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Greetings from Canada! Welcome to ECF!

If you could post a link to the site you bought the clearo from someone will be able to help you. Most clearos do not have replaceable wicks, although they can usually be cleaned and reused for quite a while. Some clearos do have replaceable wicks.

Relax, Enjoy!

My Hobby is my Hobie !
    (Mirage Tandem Island)

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to ECF! I just throw them away.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Full Member Verified Member

what the best wick

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

If your clearo has a knurled base it prolly can be disassembled and the wick replaced

They should take Stardust Heads but first make sure you can disassemble the clearo:
    Search Results : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
    Last edited by Vapoor eyes er; 10-18-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

SmokTech Redux eGo Clearomizer with Changeable, Replaceable Heads, Coils, and Wicks

It's better known as a StarDust since GV sells it by that name, it's something many US venders do in order to make the consumer believe that it's some kind of proprietary item (just my ). With that said, the heads can be rebuild similarly to a ViviNova, all you need is just some kanthal wire and silica (or cotton) wick:

Rebuilding the coil in the Vision Stardust V2 - YouTube

The replacement heads shouldn't cost you more than $2, but you can definitely save $$$ if your willing to learn to rewick them yourself (kanthal A1 wire ~$13 for 100' and ~$15 for 20' silica wick). The video makes it look easy, but there is definitely a learning curve and does requires some research and patience. Almost forget my matters...Welcome to ECF and happy vaping.
    Last edited by cedric212; 10-18-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Wow thanks for the replies guys. It looks like to rewick them you need to buy some nichrome wire and rebuild the coil and everything. I thought it was just a matter of dragging a new wick through. I'm pretty good with winding coils and stuff, since I'm somewhat of a radio buff. At the very least I'll go the replacable head route.

Thanks for the heads up and links!

Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I use the stainless steel wick material. No silica shards. Has to be clean uncoated good quality SS. The mesh itself can't burn, unlike cotton (another common wick material).

Vapoor eyes er likes this.
    Tobacco free since 6/30/10 4:30 pm! VV box mod user and amateur multimeter reader.
    ♪♫♪♫♩ They call me AttyPops, AttyPops, Oh Atty Atty Atty... AttyPops! <Ba, Da, Bum, Bum> ♪♫♪♫♩

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

I agree with AttyPops. Cotton a GREAT wicking material but can't be dry burned and has to be changed often. SS the best choice IMO.

Full Member Verified Member

the best wick rope can i get from where,, need help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast