Cartomizer Tank Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cartomizer Tank Question

Full Member Verified Member

Default Cartomizer Tank Question

I have just started using a Smoktech DCT which does the job but isn't the sturdiest of products. I am waiting on a Phiniac tank I just ordered but have a few questions on the cartomizer to use.

The tank came with a Smoktech dual coil cartomizer that has a flange at the bottom. I have since ordered some Boge cartomiers that didn't have a flange.

I like the Boges but have heard a lot about the Smoktech Resurrectors and have thought about trying them.

Now this may be a dumb question but here it goes. I know the Smoktech DCT has a groove for the flange on the Smoketech cartomizers. I am assuming the Phiniac tank won't have one. Does the flange on the Smoktech cartomizers get in the way when there is no recess on it? Is there a way to take the flange off? I am just wondering before I order some.

Thanks for any help

PV Master ECF Veteran

I use smoketek 1.7 ohm single coil cartos in mine on a twist and Kgo. what type batt are you using may need to use higher ohms.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I have never used the ones with the flange, mine have a solid flat ring around the base.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good question LemJe, I have wondered the same a few times. I doubt it would be an issue because the flange will be pretty thin, but have not actually tried it. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in in a bit

PV Master ECF Veteran

Some tanks have a recess space for the flange to fit it but a lot don't. I bet it would work okay. If you find out let us know.

Full Member Verified Member

I guess I will try it and see how it goes. I am sure it will work I just know I am so anal that the bottom plate will probably annoy me lol

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Recessed with bottom plate = tank won't spin, no recess with bottom plate = tank will spin. Which do you prefer?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." --some guy

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Sorry ImThatGuy, I don't get it ... what do you mean about the tank 'spinning'?

PV Master ECF Veteran

If your drip tip is in tight it will not spin. The big belly drip tips work well. I have the type with no flange.

PV Master ECF Veteran

These have a solid base all the way around, when I put the drip tip in after filling it doesn't spin but will before the tip is in. It says flanged but they aren't the type for the split type of recess.
    Pre Punched Replacement tank cartomizers
    Last edited by klynnn; 10-20-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast