Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Nicotine overdose :/

Full Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Nicotine overdose :/

Anybody else tend to do this seemingly often? I've been vaping about 30+ days, and have had semi-OD's about twice.. you know cold sweats headache upset stomach etc etc.

I vape alot; and try and use >8mg liquids but the 11-12mg + is what gives me the satisfaction of a cigarette and perhaps I am using it way too often.

Am I a crazy addict, or is this fairly understandable and happen often to any one else? Thanks! =)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use 18mg juice, and chain vape a lot. I've never had this problem. I have had times where I knew I had to put it down (getting light headed), so I just put it down for a bit.

Black Satin Provari w/ Blue LED, AGA-T RBA, MTBaker Rootbeer

Full Member Verified Member

1 week vapor user, I too OD on nicotine . Please help, should I be moving to a lower mg liquid?

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

I did during my first week or two, almost daily. It took a bit to get used to how long it takes for the nicotine to kick in. Hasn't happened in a few months now.

Quote Originally Posted by enoryt View Post
    1 week vapor user, I too OD on nicotine . Please help, should I be moving to a lower mg liquid?
    Either reduce your nicotine, or put the PV down for a bit.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you're having those symptoms, definitely put down the pv.

Are you a long time smoker?

You have to remember that the nicotine from vaping doesn't react as quickly as with smoking. It's a slower process. Put down the PV and tell yourself you'll wait 5-10 minutes and see if your still craving nicotine.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

yeah when i first started i got the 18mg nic juice.. of course, playing with my new toy - i was chain vaping like a madwoman... and got the yucky feeling... i quickly ordered some lower mg juice just so i could have something to casually vape on, and then save the 18mg for when i actually felt nic craving...

now i do 18mg and still chain vape.. i do get flushed (hot) now and then, and today i started noticing a headache.. i chalked it up to the fact i didn't drink much water this weekend (lots of wine though..!).. so i am upping my H20 for today.
    tnt56 and Pandora Wilde like this.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by enoryt View Post
    We need more information about you before anyone can answer this question. And remember, we aren't doctors. Start another thread and tell us a bit about your smoking history, what you're vaping, etc.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JessyDrastic View Post
    . i do get flushed (hot) now and then, and today i started noticing a headache.. i chalked it up to the fact i didn't drink much water this weekend (lots of wine though..!).. so i am upping my H20 for today.
    Oh good point Vaping dehydrates you a lot, so drink lots of water. Before I started vaping, I rarely drank water, just a lot of coffee and soda. Now I mostly just drink water... a lot of water.
    tnt56 likes this.

Black Satin Provari w/ Blue LED, AGA-T RBA, MTBaker Rootbeer

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caridwen View Post
    If you're having those symptoms, definitely put down the pv.

Are you a long time smoker?

You have to remember that the nicotine from vaping doesn't react as quickly as with smoking. It's a slower process. Put down the PV and tell yourself you'll wait 5-10 minutes and see if your still craving nicotine.
    Hmm didn't know this, yeah I definitely am vaping a bit much. I've been smoking for about 10 years. I think right now vaping is a bit of a novelty item, I'm so excited about being off cigarettes that I'm constantly hitting it. Once the novelty wears off, I'm sure I'll slow down and won't be so excited absolutely everything vape related.

Hi welcome to ECF. I used to OD too I decided after reading some posts that I was vapeing incorrectly. There are some great threads about how to vape I would suggest you take a look at some here. I was vapeing 36mg cut to 12 but I was chain vapeing at the weekends and was getting really sick its a horrible feeling Dont lose hope its just part of the learning curve, most ppl will say there are highs and lows when you first start your journey. Read lots and ask questions, theres always somebody here that will offer some words of wisdom from their own journey

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast