Are Tobacco Companies Losing Money in this Battle?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Are Tobacco Companies Losing Money in this Battle?

Lightbulb Are Tobacco Companies Losing Money in this Battle?

I just want to know if anyone else knows if the major corporations are losing money due to the world's battle against cancer sticks. I myself have fell victim to these addictive demons and I'm sick of people dying, my clothes stinking, and everything about cigarettes. I have finally completely switched to vapor and hopefully will be done with them too. If anyone has any links verifying what I'm talking about I would love to keep track of this battle. Thank you and I will be trying to keep up with this topic. Have a blessed day!

Resident Miyagi Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

are they losing money? sure...slowly, but they are adapting, i know one of them bought blu, can't remember which one.
    "If you aren't angry, then you haven't been paying attention" - Tim McIlrath

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Not a chance.
    These corps are massive, diversification plays a huge role for them, besides the Government have their back.
    Just talk with a tobacco lobbyist.

I'm certain that they will (or already have) get into the vaping business too.
    It's all about the Juice.......
    Provari, Silver Bullet, Vamo, innokin VV3, eGo's. IBTanks, io6s, EVODS , RBA's and Aroma ejuice.
    Visit me at -http://thevaperstable.com/

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elmattias View Post
    are they losing money? sure...slowly, but they are adapting, i know one of them bought blu, can't remember which one.
    Lorillard owns blu.
    About Variable Wattage & Variable Voltage

Gear: LP Reo Grand, Innokin SVD, Vamo, Zmax, VMod XL, CCST, Bolt

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Interesting article on Lorillard and blue here in the Wall Street Journal

Lorillard Buys Blu Ecigs; Profit Falls - WSJ.com

Their profits are down, but they still make a disgusting amount of money from cigs.
    About Variable Wattage & Variable Voltage

Gear: LP Reo Grand, Innokin SVD, Vamo, Zmax, VMod XL, CCST, Bolt

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It's a matter of time ... If they start losing alot of money, they will make sure vaping needs to apply to the same rules
    Also it will get taxed extra somewhere along the line ... You do not want that your country has less income !

The tobacco lobby is powerfull, they have way too much money. At some point we will pay extra's for all this. Let's hope that day is still far away

Blog Entries

The tobacco companies losses are close to none. It is such an insignificant amount of money they are loosing. When someone decides to quit smoking they have lost money. Weather that person goes from smoking to vaping or smoking to nicorette the tobacco companies have lost a smoker.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I'd say it's likely offset a lot by the new smokers. I heard a stat years ago of something like 3000 new smokers in a 4 hour period, although can't verify how accurate that was.

If you read a bit of the legislation threads, you'll see that due to the sheer volume of money involved, tobacco companies won't just lay down and die. They'll influence who they need to, to ensure their future profits. Same goes for the pharma companies. It isn't about public health any more!

DM

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Bullette the Cowdog's Avatar

Keep in mind that cigarette sales are world wide!! Developing countries are where the marketing & sales are going now.
    BTW. Who gets revenue from gum, patches, etc??? It can't be ONLY big pharma. I assume big tobacco is involved in this product diversification. Haha. I love their business model. Help folks quit smoking by switching to something that continues their revenue stream.
    terry w likes this.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Diversification goes far beyond tobacco and nicotine products, they dip heavily in the food industry. These companies are part of huge multinat conglomerates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast