Can I take my e-cig on a plane?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can I take my e-cig on a plane?

Default Can I take my e-cig on a plane?

I'm getting ready to leave on vacation soon, and want to be able to take my e-cig with me. Can they be in a carry on? Should they be put in checked baggage? I don't need to use it during the flight, but I'd like to have it in my carry on, so I can use it during layovers and as soon as I reach my destination.

Full Member ECF Veteran
    Last edited by Lurker; 11-09-2008 at 05:56 PM.
    Skypea likes this.

Thanks, I read both of those threads before posting here (well, ok....not the one that's 11 pages long - but I read SOME of it) Both those threads seem to deal with USING the e-cig on a plane. I'm just asking about having it my carry-on, to use when I reach my destination. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Linda, the 11 pages thread also deal with taking it with you (security and things like that). I recommend you to read it, it's quite interesting

Super Member ECF Veteran

You shouldn't have any problem carrying the unit on a plane. I use the word 'shouldn't' because it really will be down to the people you deal with on the day; it's not a very common item at the moment.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

if you get it on the plane, and you use it in the rest room, would the vapor set off the smoke alarm? The use on the plane while in your seat seams unlikely until airline security determines it is not a danger to the passengers and aircraft.

I remember when I joined the Navy, we all got on a 747 and drank and smoked for 5 hours.

Super Member ECF Veteran

It could do, but probably not if you kept it in your lungs until it dissipated.

In the linked thread above, they discuss about that too... Some people has done it, and no smoke alarm set off...
    In other thread (I can't remember where is it, but it's linked inside the other thread), somebody said that it depends on what kind of smoke alarm they use, but it's difficult to set them off with our vapor (unless you blow it directly into the sensor, hehehe).

Anyway, use this information at your own risk...

good luck!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hi Linda

I just got back from a trip to Vegas

had my ecig in my pocket all the way when you have to go through scanners I just placed it in the tray that goes through the scanner there were 3 batts and a box of 10 carts and 2 atomisers all in my camera bag and they just came out the other side no problems whatsoever

Once on the 10 hour flight I just vaped away on my seat blowing down into my lap (vapour dissapates very fast almost immediately on a plane)and nobody both on the flight there and back butted a eyelid .

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

That is awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast