Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: When will I stop looking for My pack of smokes?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default When will I stop looking for My pack of smokes?

It's been 5 days of no smoking or whatever we call this. We don't even know how to categorize what we no longer do to what we now do!! Anyway, it's been 5 days and I still reach for that pack of smokes and for that split second have a twinge. How long should I expect this to last? How long before we no longer feel weird vaping in public? How long before we no longer fear getting pulled over and going to jail because cops might not know what we are doing and mistake us for druggies? How long before we stop sounding like a late night infomercial? Ugh!!!

2. Advertisement
    Full Member Verified Member

I've been analog free for a month now and I still reach for the lighter in my pocket. I am a bit paranoid when cops drive by as well. I have, however gotten over vaping in public, but am tired of answering the same questions over and over. Thinking about printing up some cards to hand out, lol.
    Be patient, it will all pass in time.
    BiancaMontgomery likes this.

4. Advertisement
    Ascended to Nirvana Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I smoked for over 30 years, and it took me maybe a few weeks to fully convert. The morning was the worst, I would wake up and think "time for a cigarette" then "wait! I don't smoke, I need to vape!" now I wake up and think "time for a vape".

You have to rewire the old habit. I hope it takes you no time at all and those cigarette cravings are replaced quickly!
    Baditude and Pappy like this.

Caravela #294, REO's with RM2's: Grand, VVGs, VVWs including Tesla, Mini 2.1s, & Woodvils, Mamu DNA20 Delsy,
    ProVari/ZAP, lizardnipples, RBA's and RDA's with a few Trippy Tips on top

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

LOLOL took me about 3 weeks before I realized theres just no more cigs in the house, when thinking about it it wasnt a craving i was missing it was just a habit I came to expect, pour some coffee grab a smoke, eat dinner grab a smoke. don't worry too much. for most it goes away.......

oh and the one time i was stopped by a cop he was really cool and I think I may have converted him lol.

It's called vaping.

Don't feel weird feel proud, you have now separated yourself from the smokers. I found most of the time in public very few people actually take notice of what im doing.

At work i still head out to talk with peeps on smoke break, after about a month the receptionist saw me exhaling and stated she thought I quit as I didnt stink anymore, when I showed her whats going on she said she wants one for her boyfriend.
    Last edited by Thrasher; 11-04-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Baditude and Mustang73064 like this.

ECF Veteran

In public it feels kind of embarrassing... ...? I should be proud not embarrassed!! I'm already sick of explaining them and I want to tell hubs to .... because I'm sick of hearing HIM explain it. I feel like I don't have the right to say I quit smoking because I smoke these. It makes me feel like a fake!! Ugh!!

ECF Veteran

My first experience was with a cig-a-like. I still carried a lighter in my pocket, pulled it out and tried to light my e-cig! That was embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin & Sennie View Post
    It's been 5 days of no smoking or whatever we call this. We don't even know how to categorize what we no longer do to what we now do!! Anyway, it's been 5 days and I still reach for that pack of smokes and for that split second have a twinge. How long should I expect this to last? How long before we no longer feel weird vaping in public? How long before we no longer fear getting pulled over and going to jail because cops might not know what we are doing and mistake us for druggies? How long before we stop sounding like a late night infomercial? Ugh!!!
    "A government big enough to give you everything you
    want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

ECF Veteran

Hubs was saying he missing the actual lighting of the cig... lol

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin & Sennie View Post
    In public it feels kind of embarrassing... ...? I should be proud not embarrassed!! I'm already sick of explaining them and I want to tell hubs to .... because I'm sick of hearing HIM explain it. I feel like I don't have the right to say I quit smoking because I smoke these. It makes me feel like a fake!! Ugh!!
    Take the other side, yea it gets tiring explaining it but tell people how much healthier you will feel, how much money you will save and how your house no longer stinks. and no you don't "smoke these" there is nothing burning, there is not 100's of chemicals in your body anymore, and honestly tell them I like smoking but its a nasty habit that im glad I could finally stop doing.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Man going to the grocery store and passing the cig kiosk... so weird. It's like a magnetic attraction, I just felt so drawn. But it passes, and soon when you leave the house you won't be feeling like you forgot something. It's funny when someone asks you for a lighter and you no longer have one.

The out-in-public vape gets easier as well. And apparently the fuzz know about ecigs so no worries. Really who cares what others think? We live in a society of non-thinkers afterall eh, so people probably aren't thinking anyway.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

One thing that worked for me was putting my PV in the same places I used to keep my cigs. That way when you reach, you find your PV, and think "OH Yeah!"
    Mustang73064 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast