Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Can I put a custom drip tip on my mini vivi nova?

Default Can I put a custom drip tip on my mini vivi nova?

The reason why I ask is because the mini vivi nova has that plastic ring that's meant to form the seal that makes sure juice doesn't splatter into your mouth. Who has replaced their drip tip? Will the plastic ring fit properly? Does it keep the juice away from your tongue like it ought to if you've replaced yours? Are there special sized custom drip tips that you'd need or are drip tips one size fits all? Anything else I should know?

I've never had a custom drip tip before, in case you're wondering about all the newb questions! Thanks in advance!

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The small plastic tubing won't fit on any driptip I have, tube too big diameter. Yes I use a custom driptip on the mini without the tubing but don't notice any difference.
    Vapioteque likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yep, you can put on whatever 510/901 drip tip you want (not just the stock black plastic one). I have noticed (at least on mine) that the hole is a little larger than on most devices so your new tip may be a little loose (but it's not horrible)
    Vapioteque likes this.

I have a vivi nova that i'm using a ce4 tip on. I used the vivi atty sleeve as an o-ring. But any 510 would work (im just out)
    Snapshot_20121013_21.jpg
    Vapioteque and Kevin Brown like this.

Thanks everyone! You were most helpful. It seems like maybe a little daunting for someone as new as I am to try right now. Once that plastic ring in the nova drip tip came near the top of mine, and before I knew to push it down with a Q-Tip i got my tongue spattered with very hot juice. And also it made a terrible gurgling/flooding noise. That's why I was so concerned about that one little piece of the puzzle! Maybe the other drip tips are designed in a different way as to not even need that ring. I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapioteque View Post
    Thanks everyone! You were most helpful. It seems like maybe a little daunting for someone as new as I am to try right now. Once that plastic ring in the nova drip tip came near the top of mine, and before I knew to push it down with a Q-Tip i got my tongue spattered with very hot juice. And also it made a terrible gurgling/flooding noise. That's why I was so concerned about that one little piece of the puzzle! Maybe the other drip tips are designed in a different way as to not even need that ring. I'm not sure.
    It's only as complicated as you make it . Try having the rubber sleeve hang off the end of the driptip when you put it in. As for the gurgle, try holding your mod by the butt (bottom) and shaking it like a thermometer. VIVI will get the gurgle sometimes . Wow, I guess that WAS complicated. My drip tip should be arriving by post any minute meow...
    Last edited by DripDropper; 11-24-2012 at 08:55 PM.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I have fancy drip tips on all of mine. Just make sure they fit tight as it can cause a gurgle if loose. There is a thread on utube about using thread to make a tighter seal on the drip tip but can't find it now.

Actually I have found if you are going to put a custom drip tip on a real mini or vivi nova. you should try the tip before you buy it something about the size of the hole is just a little different. I find that 4 out of ten fit tight. and 1 out of 10 are to tight. It's a bit like goldilocks and the three bears.
    I suppose a trip to the hardware store for new rubber O-ring could solve any fit issues

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Interesting thread here on what you can do with that little rubber grommet inside of your vivi nova tip. It did make mine slightly better but thats only because it doesnt pool juice in the well for tip now.
    Vapioteque likes this.

Using a custom 510 drip tip on my nova, after about 1/2 a tank, I ream the drip tip with kitchen towel and blot out the well. Pop tip back in and Bob's you uncle. Seems to fix the gurgle. ( not a bad idea to roll a point and blot the liquid from the little metal doughnut over the coil, monitor your depth, just blot the doughnut, try not to poke the coil.

Drip tip related. Soft, colored, cheap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast