Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I know this horse has been beat to death, but......

  1. #1
    Full Member Nickel City Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    buffalo,ny
    Posts
    22

    Default I know this horse has been beat to death, but......

    I've been vaping for about three weeks now. I'm using 100% VG/24mg nic thru a Nova clearomizer. The mod is a 1300mah spinner. Coil in the atty is a 2.4 ohm. I run it at 3.8 volts. Just started experiencing sore throat. I sip a quart of Gatoraid a day, and suck on Halls throat drops as well. What is up with my throat being sore just starting now?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    rcpcdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    229

    Default

    i just got a sore throat this morning. not attributing it to vaping though... its friggin cold outside, im sure im picking up a slight cold like a do every year during winter.

  3. #3
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    martinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    Posts
    4,487

    Default

    A quart?

    I drink like 4 litres/day and got no sore throat

    This can be attributed to a lot of things really,too easy to pinpoint it to vaping.
    peraspera likes this.

  4. #4
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Bullette the Cowdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Posts
    1,582

    Default

    Drink water. Lots & lots of water.
    Oh...did I fail to mention, drink WATER!!
    Then vape on.
    peraspera likes this.

  5. #5
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aurora-Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    2,827

    Default

    Will ice tea suffice, I drink tons of that each day, or must it be straight water?

  6. #6
    Full Member Verified Member Ratha77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, Ab
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickel City Nomad View Post
    I've been vaping for about three weeks now. I'm using 100% VG/24mg nic thru a Nova clearomizer. The mod is a 1300mah spinner. Coil in the atty is a 2.4 ohm. I run it at 3.8 volts. Just started experiencing sore throat. I sip a quart of Gatoraid a day, and suck on Halls throat drops as well. What is up with my throat being sore just starting now?

    Its probably just your body adjusting to the vape.
    After all even though its not analogs its still an irritant to the throat.
    Hope your feeling better!

  7. #7
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    BlueSnake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora-Oblivion View Post
    Will ice tea suffice, I drink tons of that each day, or must it be straight water?
    You really need to drink more water. Tea can also dehydrate as it is a natural diuretic and combined with vaping can be bad. You need more liquid that is not tea or coffee.
    Byten and Aurora-Oblivion like this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New york
    Posts
    216

    Default

    It probably took me a bit over a month to get rid of the sore throat, also try differnet Pg / VG mixtures, VG can be an irritant for some.

  9. #9
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aurora-Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    2,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnake View Post
    You really need to drink more water. Tea can also dehydrate as it is a natural diuretic and combined with vaping can be bad. You need more liquid that is not tea or coffee.
    Thank you sir! I hate water, love tea, not sure what I'm going to do now!

    Nice to see a fellow SC'r here, I'm not too far from you!

    @ Nickel City Nomad, hope you get to feeling better soon!!

  10. #10
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Ray D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora-Oblivion View Post
    Thank you sir! I hate water, love tea, not sure what I'm going to do now!

    Nice to see a fellow SC'r here, I'm not too far from you!

    @ Nickel City Nomad, hope you get to feeling better soon!!
    I'm a big iced tea and coffee drinker too. You don't have to stop. But it will help if you make a point to chug at least 3 extra glasses of water per day.

    Yes, chug. Drink it down. Adjust from there to stay better hydrated.

    (Tea may have diuretic qualities, but the volume of water in the tea offsets any dehydration... usually. But vaping draws moisture out of you too, so now tea loses rehydration effects a bit more. Alcohol? Same thing only worse)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •