New, with eGo-U, and some questions!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New, with eGo-U, and some questions!

Default New, with eGo-U, and some questions!

Hello everyone! Thank you first of all for being so awesome. I have found this forum useful and the members awfully generous with their time and effort.

I started off with an NJoy and it was good to get me off of regular cigarettes. But as others have said, it got a bit tired.

Today, I bought an eGo starter kit at Vaporleaf just outside Denver. The difference is crazy. I'd asked for 12mg but the guy labelled it 18mg, so I'm not sure if it's mislabelled or actually 18mg--in either case, I feel like I just drank a nicotine soda--so strong, OMG (please don't make a nicotine soda at home. It's not real but if it were it would probably kill you).

So! I have a few questions; maybe you masters could help. There was a long, long line at the store so I didn't want to ask him questions and make others wait. I have searched here and on the Web and can't seem to find relevant info.

This is what I bought: eGo-U "luxury" kit

1. What is this? Is eGo-U the same thing as...eGo-C? eGo? I'd like to know so that I can look up the right info.

2. The instructions said it would take 5 to 6 hours to charge. It took about 15 minutes for the light to go green. Do these come pre-charged or did I do something wrong? (Seems to work fine.)

3. Is it OK to leave it in the "on" mode? As in, will it hurt the battery or components or something?

Thanks so much!!

M

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hello and welcome! I don't post often but I do read a lot of the posts and it's a great community. Lots of encouragement and information.

#2. I think the batts do come with a factory charge. My first real e-cig was an eGo and it behaved pretty much like yours.

#3. Now and then, I'd accidentally fire my ego when left in the on mode, so now when I have to put it in my bag or pocket, I shut if off.
    Last edited by jor412; 12-02-2012 at 01:16 AM. Reason: forgot to add

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

well the only problem with looking stuff up is you need to know the brand name.

EGO is a model type and refers to the outside threads on the battery. usally an ego is an ego is an ego, some are more better then others, but many of the knockoffs (joyetech makes the original ego) last just as long if not longer then the "real" ones.

any info like for accessories just look for standard 510 or ego threaded stuff and you will be fine.
    Enjoy and VAPE ON!!!!

the company is Shenzhen Tianruiyi Technology Co., Limited
    and shows no complains for quality. you would be surprised at how many products they make then stamp another companies name on it.
    Last edited by Thrasher; 12-02-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Yeah, C-W U- don't matter the Letter, just a ego batt that you can screw any 510/ ego topper on of your choice. Nice kit, not a bad price.

Want a little upgrade? Look under the battery section and get the "upgrade" model- it's Joyetech also. It'll allow you to vape unregulated- meaning hotter. More protection circuitry on them also.

Thank you everyone! This is really helpful--I will definitely act on your suggestions!

Welcome to ECF msclun

Mesclun, are you a long lost relative? I actually just went to Vaporleaf and bought the same kit you did... just moved to Denver 5 months back and glad to have found this shop, it's a gem.

I'm on day 1 with the new toy, how's it holding up for you?

I have been using the original joytech egos I started with. And that was 16 months ago. I have many batts in between and all styles. Cost plenty of money to experiment. But those little rugged batts just hung in there.

When I was a vapefest a vendor wanted me to try some of his juice, so he handed me an atomizer,had to be cheap, so I could drip a little. The battery got burning hot in hand and the never worked again. Gotta be careful with what people hand you or you buy.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by zshadez View Post
    I actually just went to Vaporleaf and bought the same kit you did...
    I just got home from there with that kit also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast