got stopped and questioned by cops about my ego vaporizer
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: got stopped and questioned by cops about my ego vaporizer

Default got stopped and questioned by cops about my ego vaporizer

I've been vaping for 3 years and no one has ever noticed my little 510's until I switched to the massive eGo a few weeks ago. Yesterday at the mall a store employee complimented my eGo setup and asked a few questions.

Today I was walking around downtown Montreal vaping when some cops noticed my device, turned on their lights and stopped me. They asked me what I was smoking and I explained to them that it's an electronic cigarette. They told me they had never seen one before and thought I was smoking drugs. I was surprised they had never heard of e-cigs before, they're for sale at every convenience store here!

They thanked me for entertaining their questions and I was on my way after a few minutes.

These bigger ecigs are much more convenient but definitely not discrete!
    Plumes.91, muffluvin and epage like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran TBPlayer2112's Avatar

Sounds like you took it all in stride and was able to educate the uninformed. Good Job!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I've had to educate all of my colleagues at the station about ecigs since I started vaping. Most of them initially thought I was using something illegal as I sat at the nick vaping, like anyone would be that stupid! I'm in the process of producing a briefing presentation on the different styles that can be purchased to try and stop an vapers in my area getting a tough time from my colleagues. Saying that four months ago had I come across anyone using one I would have been asking questions!
    Plumes.91, RosaJ and muffluvin like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

My workmates were all intrigued when i started wearing my Silver Bullet to work. I wear it on my belt in a flashlight holder i bought from Academy sports. Many of them thought with a Vivi Nova tank on it it looked like a light sabre!

It is a rather large device, but it's rock solid and reliable. Since then another 2 people where i work have gone to e-ciggies and Egos etc and the non-smoking/vaping employees are happy to have me around them because often they like the smell of the juice. I always answer all their questions sympathetically and i think they are all delighted i stopped my 2-packs a day Marlboro habit. On the odd occasion when the police have been to work, typically because of an alarm malfunction, they have looked with curiosity but never mentioned it.

If i go into preaching mode i'd say that it is upon us all to educate those around us as to why we are doing what we do and the health benefits of it compared to cigarettes as well as the fact that it is a fraction of the cost.
    RosaJ and TBPlayer2112 like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Kopfstimmen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy View Post
    I've been vaping for 3 years and no one has ever noticed my little 510's until I switched to the massive eGo a few weeks ago. Yesterday at the mall a store employee complimented my eGo setup and asked a few questions.
    Massive eGo? Just wait until you have to explain a Silver Bullet, Provari, or other light saber type... Seriously, though - good job on keeping the police informed...
    Plumes.91 likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran Heavyrocker's Avatar

They didnt club you too death?
    Plumes.91, C Heise and M4RKeM4RK like this.

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by heavyrocker View Post
    they didnt club you too death?

lololol..............

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Then enjoyed a laugh on their cig break

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kopfstimmen View Post
    Massive eGo? Just wait until you have to explain a Silver Bullet, Provari, or other light saber type... Seriously, though - good job on keeping the police informed...
    I get many strange looks from people at stop lights and intersections when vaping on my Silver Bullet. I am sure some day I will to have "sum splainin ta do"

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

sounds like you did a good job handling it.
    As our exposure increases more people will accept it as commonplace. For now we can help that along by using these devices in public and answering any questions in a mature manner. People are always curious about something different and what we are doing does look different. For now.
    TBPlayer2112 likes this.
    Spent vaping: ~$1040
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkita6
    Morally upstanding Beings DO NOT debate, and discuss morality, THEY LIVE IT.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast