Smokeless Image E-Liquid Made in China. Safe?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Smokeless Image E-Liquid Made in China. Safe?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Smokeless Image E-Liquid Made in China. Safe?

Hey guys,

So I've been reading a lot about the debate about whether or not e-liquid that is made in China is safe. I use pre-filled cartomizers from Smokeless Image (Volt), and was a bit disturbed when I got this email today in response to my question about where the liquid is produced:

Our Volt line, which has Volt liquid and pre-filled cartomizers, are China made- however, I do not know this exact manufacturer's name. The ingredients include Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerin (VG), water, nicotine, and flavoring.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Why exactly are Chinese e-liquids looked down upon? Is this still true, even, or have opinions changed (threads on Chinese liquid seem to be rather old).

I really enjoy the taste of their RY4 and Desert Joe and have bought a few packs of the cartomizers; I'd hate to see them go to waste.
    Last edited by sk8man121; 12-17-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

An awful lot of people use the juice from China, have no trouble, and like it. For myself I put more trust in U.S. supplies and suppliers for pre-made juice and diy.

In truth you are probably fine vaping the e-liquid from Smokeless. I think the hesitancy to use Chinese made juice is a result of news stories such as lead paint in children's toys or tainted toothpaste. These stories can make it seem that Chinese products have death permeating their products but considering the amount of consumable items -that are just fine- exported to the US , it hardly seems worth it to worry.

Personally I like US made products because unlike Smokeless' e-mail I do know the exact manufacturer! For me one of the great things about vaping is that there are so many small independent juice suppliers (that make some very very good products). It is in every regard the polar opposite of Big Tobacco. And I for one want to keep it that way.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

S.I. also has the Niquid line, which is American made. I haven't tried it myself because I already have a favorite supplier.

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran jazon1's Avatar

i tend to prefer American e-juice and avoid japan stuff you never know what they have in it.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I personally think it's naive to think that ejuices mixed in the US (unless specified) aren't using ingredients from China (nic and flavoring especially) which goes the same to the materials used for DIY.
    JudeaB likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'll admit that I was sketched out by the fact that they wouldn't actually provide the name of the manufacturer, but I look at it this way -

1.) Look how many billions of people live in China. I know the lead paint thing has happened etc, but if they were THAT lax about ingestibles, i'm sure people over there would be dropping like flies.

2.) Have you ever eaten at a legitimate chinese restaurant? If so, you're probably eating a whole pocket full of ingredients imported from China.

3.) American-made steroid injections gave a healthy amount of people meningitis in recent months. We aren't without our problems here, either.

I guess what I was wondering is if there was any reason to believe that e-liquid produced in china is perhaps any more dangerous than, say, food you might buy at your local asian market.

Thoughts?
    JudeaB likes this.

ECF Veteran

I used to worry more about buying juice from small "mom & pop" shops in the US. Who knows what's been on that kitchen counter before they start mixing (raw chicken anyone?). I DIY now mainly because I'm cheap but also to have more control over the mixing process.

That being said, I haven't heard of anyone getting sick on any juice from any supplier in the nearly two years that I've been here.

Senior Member ECF Veteran JudeaB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cedric212 View Post
    I personally think it's naive to think that ejuices mixed in the US (unless specified) aren't using ingredients from China (nic and flavoring especially) which goes the same to the materials used for DIY.
    I agree. It is a small world today and many things are misleadingly labelled to give an impression of a false origin. I personally love some in the Volt range and have been using them since I started vaping, and will continue using. Sure there have been some issues of imports from China, not with nicliquid I must add, and there have been issues with food products and goods made in Australia and the USA and UK too. I see on the forums many vapers order from China and have not read of any issues. Think what I mainly want to know is: Nicotine strength, PG/VG ratio and flavour.
    Cheers and Carry on Vaping! :-)

ECF Veteran

I only use Dekang because it's cheap and I love it. I buy it from healthcabin.net.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast