Is vaping bad for your lungs/breath?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is vaping bad for your lungs/breath?

Default Is vaping bad for your lungs/breath?

Im currently training for a 1.5 mile run in 11 minutes and i have about 2 weeks

i have been vaping now for a few months but was wondering if it effects your lungs at all? i rung the shop i got it from and he said its basically just water vapor so it does no damage to your lungs.

was hoping you guys could give me confirmation?

Vaping is bad for your breath if you use crab juice
    SnakeSkinTa2 likes this.

Free at last Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Cigarettes are much better for you.

can i get some serious posts please.. is it worth quiting vaping to focus on my fitness? thanks!

Super Member ECF Veteran subversive's Avatar

It is much, much better than smoking. Most people say they breathe easier. Can't really give you much more than that. It's not water vapor. It's either propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin. PG is used in breathing treatments, asthma inhalers, fog machines, medicines, cosmetics, food, etc. VG is used in cosmetics and food. The rest is made up of flavoring and nicotine. Check out the medical section of the site.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

it is not water vapor. its more akin to artificial fog from a fog machine. it has a slight drying effect but as long as you stay well hydrated and avoid vaping for as long as you can before the event you will be fine
    Spent vaping: ~$1040
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkita6
    Morally upstanding Beings DO NOT debate, and discuss morality, THEY LIVE IT.

thank you subversive. excellent answer, youve compared smoking with vaporising, how would you compare some1 that doesnt use a vapour to some1 that uses 1? would there be a big difference?

im trying to weigh up my options, if there is little difference to some1 that doesnt use a vapour to some1 who does then i will buy myself some more e liquid if its going to make my running slightly harder i will knock it on the head

And thanks for the replies, i smoked the vapour before my last mock fitness test and failed it, this was a couple of weeks ago, im guessing it dehydrated me?

Super Member ECF Veteran subversive's Avatar

I would say pure air is best. I don't really know. I can only look at it from an ex-smoker's perspective and tell you that my lungs feel much better since the switch. I'm not aware of any hard evidence for lung function differences between nonsmokers/nonvapers and nonsmoking vapers.
    Tail11 likes this.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My only concern, in your case, would be staying hydrated. Get some electrolytes flowingand you should be OK. While scientific studies have not concluded. (And most likely, never will) that vaping is beneficial to pulmonary function, there have been studies that show vaping is up to 98% healthier than smoking. I know, first-hand, that my respiratory function has improved since quitting smoking (started vaping).

As far as breath, there's no tar to stain your teeth, and I must say, I don't ever recall feeling like my breath was funky, since vaping, unless garlic or too much coffee was involved.

Good luck with your run!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast