Kick problems with roller, 69 mod or Gus telescope
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kick problems with roller, 69 mod or Gus telescope

Account closed on request

Default Kick problems with roller, 69 mod or Gus telescope

Is anyone having problems with a kicked telescoping mod? What would be better to by when using a kick... Roller, 69 mod, or the Gus?

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Sorry, I don't know the answer. Just wanted to bump this for you in case someone else does.

After you have 5 posts you can post in the APV forum- you might get more help there.

Default update

This is an update as to what's been going on with my Roller by Atmizoo with.a kick in it. Brand new aw imr 18490 and a brand new kick. Basically the kick is shutting me down after only an hour and a half. When that happens if I twist the bottom of the roller a bit then it works for a minute but when I set it down and pick it up ten minutes later its shut off again or doing the sputtering thing again. I can take the kick and the battery out of the Roller and put them in my Legacy from PURESMOKER and it will work just fine for 4 more hours. I've done everything possible to make it work in the roller consistanly but so far I still have to loosen the bottom then tighten it again to make it work. And I REALLY have tried everything.
    I'm just posting.g this in case anyone is having the same problem as I am.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I am having the same issues with my kicked Smoktek Telescope. I think that there is some kind of conductive lube that people use, but the name is escaping me at the moment. You just a drop or two to either side of the kick and it increases conductivity

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by BillyBenchpress; 02-03-2013 at 05:10 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Found it.... NOALOX. It's made for pressure sealed wire conduction. It's also an anti oxidant.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default .

Also I took some tape and cut it to put on the opposite side of the spring on the kick. It made the kick fit a little tighter and helped a little.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Just got my 69 mod out of the mail 10 minutes ago. Kicked it. So far none of the problems i was experiencing with the Smoktek Telescope. Kick actually fits a bit tighter in the 69. So far so good. Glad to hear that the tape worked for ya

Edit a word

Default cool

Cool. If you have any issues with the 69 mod and the kick let me know because I want to order one in a couple of weeks.

Newest update to my findings with my roller and the kick. I posted earlier that it was the kick but since then I started having that problem again. I'll make it short... it was really the hot spring. Easy fix... go to Altsmoke and order the hot spring for the silver bullet. It fits perfectly and instantly fixed all issues. I ordered 2 so I would have a spare. Order it, trust me. I got into gennys and it made a world of difference and fixed ALL voltage drops.

was the only issue you were having with the Roller was kicking it? I just got a roller for Genesis atties I just got also.

Did replacing the spring fix anything else you saw as an issue?

I did see that AtmiZoo has a kick cyclinder for purchase on their site for the roller / dingo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast