Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Njoy King (30-45 mg) - How many puffs is equal to a cigarette ?

Default Njoy King (30-45 mg) - How many puffs is equal to a cigarette ?

I just quit smoking thanks to this forum !

I have started with njoy kings do to a recommendation here. Njoy kings seem to have almost double the nicotine than normal ecigs. (30 mg for gold and 45 mg for bold).

This large nicotine count worries me because I don't want to be getting more nicotine then I did when I was still smoking. While i have stuck within their max of 15 puffs per hour , I can't tell how much nicotine I'm receiving because my body is giving me competing signals. I am getting a very noticeable buzz after 4-5 drags on an njoy king that I don't experience when smoking,and yet 45 minutes later I want more puffs, whereas if I was smoking it would satiate my urge for nicotine longer. I don't know if this buzz is just due to the different method of nicotine delivery ecigs provide or if I'm actually getting more nicotine than I was when I was still a smoker.

Does anyone have experience with njoy kings ? How do you smoke them , how many puffs (large or small puffs, a description would help). If there are any experienced vapers here that know of this brand, about how much use would you consider comparable to a normal tobacco cigarette?

Thanks a bunch

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't counted the puffs . .of an njoy or a real cig . . .but I think an NJoy king is equivalent to 10 cigarettes at most. If they were all I used, I would completely kill 2 per day and start on a 3rd.

I was not aware of thier recommended 15 puffs an hour - I probably double or even triple that sometimes. Plus I take long slow drags to get bigger hits. When it comes to nicotine delivery - I just watch for the same sensations of oversmoking cigs . .I start to feel kinda yicky and suddenly have no desire for another drag . .for 10 minutes, lol . .and then it's back on the horse.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hi,
    To start off, I have no experience with njoy.
    What I can tell you is that I started out 2-3 years ago, used 30-36mG and still do, 6-8 slow 5-6 sec drags seems to be equal to 1 sigarette and the manufactures all lie about how many "packs" there products replace. It seems to me its about 25% of what they tell you. I remember when I started off that I got a buzz the first few hours and a sore throat for a couple days. Dragged about every 8 times every 30 minutes to stay up with my nic. 40 seems kind of high. Marlb*** is about 18 I believe. I used to roll my own. (VanNelle Export) heavy tobacco.

i hope this helps,
    And keep of the analog, i did it, so anyone can.

I forgot,
    I dragged pretty much as much as I needed to get rid of the urge to light one up.
    Last edited by Twitteliedoe; 02-02-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Njoy King is right on the money with the nicotine level due to the nature of vaping and the actual availability of the nicotine by us. They are indeed trying to come as close as possible to the real thing. They do falsely advertise how many cigs one equals horrendously. It is more like 5 cigs. Party over. You have to be quitting ultimately to benefit from using them or rich
    Done riding for awhile. ( Equine )

A 'burro red' has 1.5 mg nic per stick, but I do not know how much is absorbed from each ciggy.
    Same is true for vapping, looks like a lot of nic per ml...but no one knows how much gets absorbed per ml of juice.

Smoking nic (and tar, and clay and......) is way different that vapping it. I won't go into the long discussion of it, you can do some research on ECF - but, the nic on vapping attached to PG/VG is much larger than smoking nic, something like 10 microns verses 1 micron- so it is slowly absorbed via the nose and throat, not the deep lung blood vessels via smoking. That is why you get a throat hit, but not the head rush via vapping.
    Anyone interested needs to research nic absorption OR just vape, and be happy.
    Last edited by DJ RyckRak; 02-02-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    I live way out in the country....everything is DIY !
    Making a Stand for Vaping Rights and a Tobacco-Free Future
    http://casaa.org/

But that's the thing, I do get a powerful "head rush" or buzz from smoking njoy's, more powerful than a ciggarette for sure. That's why I'm unsure if I,m getting more nic. A normal ciggarette is just 1 mg of nicotine and this njoy i'm smoking is 45mg. I have heard that most people get 85-95 puffs from an njoy king. If I divided that equally it would mean you get 0.5 mg a puff which would be a lot more than a traditional cig. It seems that those puffs are limited by the battery though do you likely don't get the total amount by the time you finish vaping the thing. I'm less interested in the numbers though and more interested in actual user experience.
    Last edited by Cigarillo; 02-02-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A standard cigarette takes 8-10 puffs to smoke down. A "100" takes about 10-12 puffs to smoke down to the filter.

The amount of nicotine consumed from any given cigarette depends on many factors--the brand of cigarette, the depth of the inhale, the amount of time the smoke is held in the lungs, the age, heart rate and lung capacity of the smoker, and even ambient air temperature (which effect the combustion rate and temperature of a cigarette DRAMATICALLY).

There is simply NO scientific way to determine how much nicotine is absorbed by smoking a cigarette, other than to do blood tests of thousands of smokers, and then come up with some sort of statistical average...

eVic, Silver Bullet, AcryliMax Copperwood, RoughStack Shorty, AMP Tank, Terminator-C, Terminator RDAs, Octopus RDAs, Drunkers, Mini DID Clone, and a bunch of eGos and Vivi Novas...

Super Member ECF Veteran

In my experience, I believe that vaping provides the body with higher amounts of nic. verus smoking. So please be careful because your getting alot of nicotine at 35 or 40 mg nic.

Yea that's why I was worried. Then again I have seen 2 YouTube reviews of njoy kings where they said they didn't believe the nic content because it didn't seem much more strong then their normal vapes, which is why I am looking for real world experience with the njoy's.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DJ RyckRak View Post
    A 'burro red' has 1.5 mg nic per stick, but I do not know how much is absorbed from each ciggy.
    Same is true for vapping, looks like a lot of nic per ml...but no one knows how much gets absorbed per ml of juice.

Smoking nic (and tar, and clay and......) is way different that vapping it. I won't go into the long discussion of it, you can do some research on ECF - but, the nic on vapping attached to PG/VG is much larger than smoking nic, something like 10 microns verses 1 micron- so it is slowly absorbed via the nose and throat, not the deep lung blood vessels via smoking. That is why you get a throat hit, but not the head rush via vapping.
    Anyone interested needs to research nic absorption OR just vape, and be happy.
    I found that second part particularly interesting...always wondered why I didn't get the headrush like with normal cigs.

To the original poster, I have tried a juice around 35 mg, it gave me too much of a headrush to be enjoyable. I'm at 16 mg nic juices, and I'm more than satisfied with that. Once in a while I even buy an 8mg, depending on availability. Volcano is the only brick and mortar shop in my area, so I'm stuck buying juices from them. But after receiving my ProVari, I may have to try some juices from online retailers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast