curious about flavor percentage - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: curious about flavor percentage

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you ever want to try a different brand besides FA you might like the alcohol based super concentrated tobacco flavorings sold at ecigexpress under tobacco express or at Vaping Zone under super concentrated. Easy low percentages faster steep too.
    davieslacker likes this.

Thanks, I'll check those out. I mainly started with fa cause I'm newer to mixing and it's a popular brand. I'll go for anything that it's good and works well though... cheap is nice too lol.. Off course mixing your own stuff is pretty cheap anyway.. or it will be once I stop contributing to my suicide juice trash mix.. :/
    Shilo likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran williebb123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shilo View Post
    If you ever want to try a different brand besides FA you might like the alcohol based super concentrated tobacco flavorings sold at ecigexpress under tobacco express or at Vaping Zone under super concentrated. Easy low percentages faster steep too.
    i just got several fruit flavor super concentrates and i used them at 2.5%-5% and the flavor on the front end taste great but that alcohol/chem taste on the back end is horrible they have steeped for 3 days and have gotten only slightly better i shake them every day and leave the caps off is there something else i can do . they are simple flavs 1 is watermelon , blackberry, cherry, and i have a razz blueberry mix

I'd probably try to get them pretty warm with hot baths.. keep water level below 3/4 Mark of water and leave cap off.. maybe it'll help the alcohol evaporate.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by davieslacker View Post
    Do you think bitter wizard accomplishes the same as vinegar? Cause it seems like vinegar really tones down the sweetness.. although I imagine if you really tried to go all in and get rid of too much sweet that way you'd end up with a vinegar vape...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I use bitter wizard to cut sweetness.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by williebb123 View Post
    i just got several fruit flavor super concentrates and i used them at 2.5%-5% and the flavor on the front end taste great but that alcohol/chem taste on the back end is horrible they have steeped for 3 days and have gotten only slightly better i shake them every day and leave the caps off is there something else i can do . they are simple flavs 1 is watermelon , blackberry, cherry, and i have a razz blueberry mix
    I add a couple drops of koolada to fruit. Not enought to be menthol but gives a cool exhale. I also use a drop or two of AAA magic mask. Or you could use something like smooth. Here's a description

Smooth Flavor PG Concentrate (TFA)

What sort of amounts are you using of it? Cause I'm looking forward to getting some and trying.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran williebb123's Avatar

thanks guys i will try the warm water bath and when funds are available i will get some smooth flavoring

Full Member Verified Member

I think the reason why they say start at 1 or 2 percent is that some flavors are really intense and you don't want to over-flavor. For example, I think that for some reason cherry flavors tend to be like that. That said, it wouldn't be uncommon for some of your flavors to end up in the 10-20 percent range. I just started DIY, but the three recipes I'm using right now are at ~8%, 10%, and 12% depending. The 12 percent one is a blueberry RY4 that has a lot of flavors fighting each other!
    davieslacker likes this.

Yeah.. air on side of caution..lol. I would agree as of recently that a complex recipe is going to go up higher in the percentages just to get the right notes to the surface. I also found that with just using a single flavor you can go with less.. I'm testing that for certain right now.. steeping a fa 7 leaf ultimate base in its recommended minimum at 1.5% in a mostly cut vg base only pg is in my nic and it's only at 20%. I know flavor doesn't cut through vg quite as strong.. so I'm really curious what this will yield after steeping.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast