Best straight to USB, no battery product?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Best straight to USB, no battery product?

Default Best straight to USB, no battery product?

I wish to connect a kanger evod clearomiser as directly as possible to a USB port - I have seen an option on a certain website I really liked, very compact, just a long cord leading to a short base with a button 510 threaded (don't remember if ego threaded or not)... but I don't remember which site it was or the name of the product. Although there are likely threads on here and other places on this subject I cannot for the life of me find them.

I just want something bare bones and simple so I can connect it to a computer USB port or a car cig lighter -> USB adapter and vape with no battery. The majority of my vaping is near a computer or in my car so I could get one of these for the car, one for the computer then just use little 650mAh ego batteries for on the go.

Product names or websites or links or anything really would be a great help.
    Thanks in advance.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I wouldn't recommend using them on a computer port. There isn't enough amperage in USB to power them. They require a powerful enough wall wort.

That said, MadVapes has some (though I remember them having a lot more)

USB E-Cigarettes, USB Vaporizers | MadVapes

^check out my half-!%$ed blog^

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

just an ego passthrough is what you want. they are available all over the place. what exactly is the objection to a standard passthrough battery? for those times you need to run around the kitchen or get out of the car the battery kicks in.
    Last edited by Thrasher; 02-24-2013 at 02:06 AM.
    Infinity's Minute likes this.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just ordered one of these. Might be what you are looking for. I haven't got it yet but I don't think it is a battery. It looks too small and looks like the cord is permantly attached.
    Variable Volt 510/eGo Passthru - High Desert Vapes

Last edited by HyperRealist; 02-24-2013 at 02:09 AM.

Thank you all very much - my that was fast! ahah

When looking for passthroughs all I got was passthrough batteries so I thought that was all the term was used for.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You can't do that, not without a battery involved anyway. The current output of a computer USB port is only 500 mA. Max. Vaping draws a lot more current than that, even if it is in very short bursts when you push a button. You would be frying out computer USB ports right and left if you tried to vape directly off a computer port without a battery acting as a "current buffer" so to speak.. Is it worth it in order to avoid a battery?

I have only seen one place selling a passthrough with no battery. (And it's a misnomer at that point to call it a passthough when there is no battery in it.) That particular device relies on using a high current - 2 amp or more - power supply in order for it to actually work. You would also need an equally high current 12 volt to 5 volt DC adapter to use it in a car as well. I don't recall who is selling it, but they didn't even sell the power supply you need to go with it.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

get a 2amp wall wort. don't risk the computer. they have car plugin's too. walmart, k mart now have these. make sure it says 2amp. online most outfits have them also.
    zoiDman and AttyPops like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Several places have them. google "mini VV", images, and you can narrow down from there. That's what I did.
    Anywhere from $10-$20, so shop around. I got mine from High Desert Vapes too. I have one in my car on a 1 amp lighter plug(because I can't find my 2 amp) and it works great.
    I think Madvapes has 2amp plugs. I saw one on DX that was 3amp.
    I don't plug ecig stuff into my computer, I use a 2 amp wall wart.
    The only thing I wish it had was a coiled cord, but hey.
    BATTERIES CAN EXPLODE!
    Do your homework. Understand The Risks.
    If you don't understand it, DON"T DO IT!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

(2sets/pack)new mini VV passthrough same as East mall - Zainy - Electronic Cigarettes

This might be what you saw. It works Only with USB 3.0 ports. I have 2, only works on one port of my laptop, and my built in ports of my PC (all the 3.0 ports..).
    Other than that, it's a great little VV with no battery

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

hmm I planned on using the one I ordered from HDV on a computer to drip LR atty. I don't want to fry the USB port...
    stratus likes this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast