Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Vaping around children

Default Vaping around children

Hi, this is my first post and could be a stupid question! Is it safe to vape in the same room as my 18mnth old son? I Must be exhaling a certain amount of nicotine, should I be concerned about this? Would constant exposure lead to any kind of craving for nicotine?

Full Member Verified Member

I have no idea, but I do see people bringing their kids into my local vape shop all the time.

Moved On

Would you smoke around children - No? that's your answer, it's not 100% harmless and with kids you need to be careful, it contains nicotine which is poisen, lets remember. Second hand smoke will have traces of nicotine.
    yzer, Esteveo and reddrank like this.

Closet Assclown ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's not a great idea. I wouldn't make a habit of it.

I wouldn't panic over it either.

I go vape in another room when the grandbaby is over.
    We believe that we are more intelligent than dolphins because of cities, digital watches and nuclear weapons. Dolphins believe that they are more intelligent than us for the very same reasons.--Douglas Adams

Though the traces are minute, it's better not to vape around children. Like shaneparkins said, it's not 100% safe. Unless you are vaping 0mg, hold off until you can go to another room or outside.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

From what research I've done, there seems to be little to no nicotine in second hand vapor. If you don't want your child to come into any contact with nicotine maybe wait until you go into a different room or go outside. My friends and I vape in the kitchen when the kids are in the living room. No big deal.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
    It's not a great idea. I wouldn't make a habit of it.

I wouldn't panic over it either.

I go vape in another room when the grandbaby is over.
    What he said. You know, we're really not 100% sure of the impact of vaping on our own bodies yet, but due to polution, just breathing the air in general comes with a risk these days. My gut says keep it in another room, or at least across the room from the little ones.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I only vape near my kids when in an open outdoor area, never in a room with no breeze. I do bring my son with me to vape shops when I need to pick some stuff up but that's only for just a brief moment.

You'll read many sides to anything controversial and the mind plays tricks so I think its best to do what's in your heart. There's a motto I follow that usually pays: "If in doubt... don't."

I have a cat and I've read the controversy over vaping PG around them so I don't as I would never forgive myself if something happened to her. As for my grandkiddos and my other pets, I either stay far on the other side of a large room or I leave the room. Nicotine isn't a big concern in that to me but knowing what VG does to my chest I wouldn't want to take a chance with their itty bitty lungs.
    Last edited by patkin; 02-26-2013 at 08:03 PM.
    Calveezzzy likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you're that concerned about young children being exposed to nicotine, then you'd also better eliminate tomatoes and potatoes from their diets. Both contain a small but measurable amount of nicotine. Other vegetable products that contain nicotine are eggplant and peppers of all kinds, but little kids aren't too fond of those.
    ~ been vaping since February 25, 2011 ~

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast