Clearomizer Question from newbie....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Clearomizer Question from newbie....

Default Clearomizer Question from newbie....

I just bought my first clearomizer....a Vision Nano. I have an ego-c 1000mAh twist and a regular 650mAh ego battery which I started with and I am getting my feet wet slowly. My question is regarding the primer fluid on the nano. From all the reviews I read I was expecting the primer and most said that it went away and the nano starts vaping and tasting good about 1/2 to 3/4 through the first fill. I have gotten the first one working really well, but I was thinking about soaking the next one in alcohol and washing it out really and letting it dry to see if that would forego the need to taste plastic through 1/2 a ml...I just don't want to mess up the nano. If anyone has any experience with the Vision Nano Clearomizer and can tell me whether I will kill it by washing it out first or if that seems like a good idea I would really appreciate the advise.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It shouldn't hurt it one bit to rinse it out with some vodka before using it. Also, if you have been using one and want to change flavors, you can do that, too. Don't use rubbing alcohol, though, because the build of the Nanos makes it hard to be sure everything is really rinsed out.

I have been using Everclear to wash my atomizer heads and ego cart/tanks (???not really sure what their called), but I'm glad you pointed that out about the alcohol and the nano's because I was thinking of switching to rubbing alcohol when I ran out because the Everclear is a little pricey to literally pour down the drain...lol.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I'm not aware of the Nano coming with primer fluid in it. Some atomizers come with primer fluid, but that's to keep them from completely drying out. Clearos can be a bit wonky when you first vape them, it takes a little while for the liquid to flow freely.

ETA: If you soak them in anything but water, you may have trouble getting the taste out.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/Atty?

PV Master ECF Veteran

I would just use hot water. You really don't want rubbing alcohol in things you will inhale.
    flowerpots likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I would think rubbing alcohol would be OK for atty heads, because you can rinse them really well, then dry burn.

I don't worry about using distilled water to rinse, I usually rinse under hot tap water.

Full Member Verified Member sfjreid's Avatar

Never used anything but regular tap water on any of my attys.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I'm stuck on the primer idea. I can't for the life of me figure out why a clearo would come with primer in it. Attys are exposed directly to air and need protection, clearos are enclosed; plus, it's easy to blow the primer (usually pg) out of an atty. Primer in a clearo would be like putting primer in a carto.
    CASAA Member

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sfjreid View Post
    Never used anything but regular tap water on any of my attys.
    The thing is, it's not an atty.

A Nano is a little bottom coil clearo: VISION Nano Clearomizer Bottom Coil 1ml 1.8ohm - CLEAR [gv-VisionNanoBottomCoil1.8-CLEAR] - $3.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

The where the directions say: "When first using the Nano DEFINITELY allow it to soak in for a good 5 minutes or more. Do not allow it to soak in for too long though without firing it on first use or some seepage may occur.If seepage or moisture occurs simply wipe clean and vape."
    they are referring to letting the e-liquid soak into in.
    CASAA Member

I can't attest to the fact that it is actually primer fluid I was just going by a few reviews that referred to it as a plastic primer taste to begin with....which is totally true from what I've seen...I did not taste my fluid at all for the first 1/2 ml., but after you get about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through the first fill you begin to actually taste the liquid that you put into the clearo. I am going to try washing the next one out first and see if that helps to be able to avoid this plastic type taste. It is working really well now though and has a good taste and vapor production.
    flowerpots likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast