Difference between "regular" battery and pass-through (808 style)
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By steved5600
  • 1 Post By Kanj.nguyen

Thread: Difference between "regular" battery and pass-through (808 style)

Full Member Verified Member Gorky_Park's Avatar

Default Difference between "regular" battery and pass-through (808 style)

Hello there! New to vaping and forum, bought my premium starter kit from O2 vapors and want to upgrade now. I bought one of their clearomizers, and I know they are suppose to be used with a passthrough. What is the main advantage other than higher capacity? (280 mah vs. 900 mah). On their website, it says I can use either one but the button (I have a manual) is too close to the actual clearomizer to use comfortably.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Actually a clearo can be used on most batteries. Pass-through means you can charge the battery while in use. There is a connection on the bottom of the battery to connect the charger. Most pass-through batteries can be charged the regular way also. Only advantage in a pass-through is you can use it when charging. Has little IME to do with the type of atty.
    Gorky_Park likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

A passthrough allows you to plug into a power source as you vape so you never run out of power.

A power source is a power source, be it batteries or passthrus. Dont let them talk you into buying things you dont need. If you spend a lot of time in front of a computer and vape a lot when using it, then a passthru could be good. Otherwise any battery works just fine.
    Gorky_Park likes this.
    Exclusive owner of clones
    I'm on tilt

Full Member Verified Member Gorky_Park's Avatar

Thanks guys-that makes perfect sense. I think I might just use what I have now, and get an ego-c twist with mini vivi nova once I feel it's time to upgrade to the next level-based on the reviews it's not a bad combo.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gorky_Park View Post
    Hello there! New to vaping and forum, bought my premium starter kit from O2 vapors and want to upgrade now. I bought one of their clearomizers, and I know they are suppose to be used with a passthrough. What is the main advantage other than higher capacity? (280 mah vs. 900 mah). On their website, it says I can use either one but the button (I have a manual) is too close to the actual clearomizer to use comfortably.
    Hi - mAh is short for "milliampere-hour" which is how long a battery will work on a charge. 100mAh ≈ 1 hour of use. The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will last. The higher the mAh the longer the battery will be in size too.

As previously posted, a "pass through" is a battery that can be connected directly to your computer during use. It has no bearing on whether a clearomizer can be used or not.
    Last edited by The Ocelot; 03-12-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: spelling
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/Atty?

that's the combo i have NO COMPLAINTS from this guy!!!!