evic vs provari
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: evic vs provari

Full Member Verified Member liebers19's Avatar

Default evic vs provari

I know the price difference is huge, but if I could get some actual user testimonials from people who have both, that would be awesome. Im getting 1 of these 2 apv's within the next week, I currently have a vamo and gripper vv. I run lots of dcts, vivi novas, bcts.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I dont get this provari??? Why is it so expensive is it just like a designer name??? Why do people pay €€€$$$ so much for one ??
    Beccca likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Check the search function guys, there are literally hundres of Provari threads.
    The short version is that it's built way better than any other comparable(in features)mod,backed by a good warranty and made in the US.
    Hello World likes this.

Default Provari

I tried the evic and I own the provari and from my experiences the provari wins hands down because of the solid build, 1 yr warranty with optional 2 yr, and the provari goes up to 6 volts where the evic only goes to 5. That's a problem for me, the only thing that the evic has going for it is a bunch of unnecessary bells and whistles. At the end of the day it's your decision but for me it will always be a Provari.

I just bought an evic a couple of weeks back, firmware ver 1.2 love it. if the provari is any better then i guess i need one too.guess it is kind of like the caddy to chevy thing.ells and whistles or functionality.i still see a lot of early model chevys but only a few caddy's.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

oh god. not again.
    the provari is a safe choice if you just want something simple, sturdy, and reliable.
    the evic is not as sturdy, has limited power/voltage output, but it has a lot of nice features you might want.
    it all comes down to your personal need. dumb phone vs smart phone. you got the idea.
    sawlight, PepNYC and Baditude like this.

Can't imagine the provari is better than the evic or vamo....its the name

I spent hundreds of dollars on various PV's trying to avoid buying the Provari. Then a co-worker let me try his Provari and I understood immediately why everyone speaks so highly of it and ordered one right away. Couldn't be happier with it.
    Baditude likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Boiler's Avatar

If you had a Jedi fight, I'd bet on the Provari.
    sawlight likes this.

Simplicity 14500 | Aerotank Mini 1.8 Ω | plain VG 1.5mg
    ELA v1 | kayfun - 30g 1.4 Ω cotton | plain VG 1.5mg

Full Member Verified Member
    Blog Entries

i own the eVic, but getting Provari so soon because lots of my friends use Provari..which means i already try it..
    all differences i can say is:
    Feature : eVic (E) - Provari(P)
    Weight : (E) - very light. (P) - much heavier than other mods
    Screen : (E) - User Interface. (P) - 2 Digital Digit
    Voltage limit : (E)
    - 5 Volts. (P) - 6 Volts
    VV/VW : (E) - YES/YES. (P) - YES/NO
    Accuracy : (E) - less accurate. (P) - very accurate (with AccuSet technology)
    Passthrough : (E) - via USB charger cable. (P) - extension.
    variable ohm support : (E) - minimum 1.2ohm. (P) - minimum 0.9ohm (tell me if im wrong,im not sure though)
    Upgradable : (E) - YES (Firmware). (P) - NO (upgradable with less pay if trade-in)

Both mods have a solid device, but Provari is much way solid compare to eVic.
    all i can say, eVic is 1 of best VW device with low price out there. Provari is best VV device as well.
    i recommend eVic to newb who want to switch to VV/VW APV because of the flexibility of UI screen and very easy to play with it..
    for me, Provari is more like for advance user who want accurate setting.
    many people including me always questioning why provari is so damn expensive..
    but i change my mind after using it..
    like PBusardo said: "i have one,i hold one, i use one, and all i can say is..now i get it"..
    its perfect device..i cant question it anymore..thats pretty much why im getting it so soon..
    i wont let go my eVic as well..its pretty much very good VW device,it got some issues but its not bother me so much..i love it.
    its much more thing,i cant spit all in once (lol)..
    but yeah,hope this helpful.
    Mortificant likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast