Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New tp vaping but what about the cheap mods for sale?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default New tp vaping but what about the cheap mods for sale?

What's your budget?

Full Member Verified Member

kinda vague question qball.tons o mods out there for less than fifty and most r worth it

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Sometimes cheap is cheap, as in cheaply built. Other times cheap is a decent mod at a decent price. Which mod(s) are you looking at?
    Salty by nature.

When in doubt look to the Scarlet Fire.

Full Member ECF Veteran

not sure i have a vamo now? like the
    VV

The VAMO is pretty good choice overall man. VV, VW, reasonably solid construction etc etc. PBusardo gave it good reviews and there are plenty of others who like the hell out of it and use it on a daily basis.

Probably anything you got aside from a Darwin or Provari or something really top end would be more of a side-grade than an upgrade. The VAMO has all (or more) of the same features as other mods that have VV such as the Lavatubes or the Tesla or things like that.

Unless you might look into the rebuildable atomizers and mechanical mods. Not entirely sure if that's an upgrade depending on what you're after. The changes for a mechanical mod include (often) more solid construction, a simpler design, loss of the vv/vw aspect but the gaining of the ability to use really low resistance atomizers. Some folks like that kind of vape better, I read.
    Clearo-Mizer likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

What exactly are you wanting to know?

The vamo and lavatube are awesome choices right now when considering features-to-price ratio. Can't beat a 'smart' VV(+ VW with the vamo) 18650 mod for under $50-60.

There are a LOT of other mods out there so if you're curious about trying something else hit up the classifieds. Boxmods, tube mods, bottom-feed mods, top-feed mods, VV mods, all sorts of stuff to choose from.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you already have a VAMO, you already have an inexpensive mod. If you want a straight up VV mod there are a ton of choices. What is the budget and what others features might you want (ie. size, battery, color)?

Full Member Verified Member

I would agree with HK-47 for the most part. I think that in the long run the EVic looks interesting from the fact you can get the device now, and keep upgrading it for as long as they keep coming out with new firmware. The new firmware in thoery makes your device relevant longer.

Like the fact that they have taking the feed back from the reviewers out there and incorporating changes and coming up with new firmware versions. Secondly, watching VP Live there are people out there already looking to hack the firmware to make it more customized for features that you might like.

I was looking at the eVic, just want to see if Joy is going to keep up with releasing new versions of the firmware before I make the investment.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Cheap is very rarely better
    grandmato5 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast