Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: vaping bad for you???

Ex British Man, now living in Radzymin,Poland. Europe.

Default vaping bad for you???

My wife says that constant vaping is worse than cigarettes, she noticed that I was vaping a lot and keeping the smoke in my lungs for too long. She went online and read about vaping on a W.H.O. world health organization site that explains that vaping is possibly worse than smoking, and that they are looking into banning vaping!!!! So, can anyone help enlighten me and my wife?? (My wife still smokes by the Way!!)

Blog Entries

You can find the most factual information on e-cigarettes from CASAA. If you feel so inclined, I encourage you to join its membership (it's free) for updates on research and legal status.

CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I feel your pain.

My girlfriend still smokes and gives me hell about vaping every chance she gets. (I think it's because I'm not in the same analog smoke
    boat as she is.)

However, I now love the way things taste, my loud snoring has stopped, my breathing is clear, I feel better and have more energy,
    I could go on and on but won't. Sometimes I think the tobacco lobbies have infiltrated every organization which tries to improve health by not smoking analogs.

Thank goodness for vaping. I got tired of being tired from smoking analogs. (Also, I'm back in the gym now.)

Hang in there. Vaping is not in the same ballpark or as bad as smoking analogs
    JoJoVa likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Seriously how possibly could vapping be worse? First of all when you burn tobacco and inhale its smoke you putting over 4000 different chemicals into your body most of which are carcinogenic e liquid contains no carcinogens. The who are dead wrong on this one sir there are no current studies that show this about vapping and many health professionals will say vapping is a healthier.alternative than smoking or burning tobacco. I can tell you from personal experience that my health has improved since I started vapping. Many others can also make the same statement. I'll pray for your wife that she sees the light soon cause she is poisoning herself with tobacco smoking that's a fact. Maybe she should read up on what tobacco does when you burn it and inhaie it. Don't go back to cigarettes keep on vapping

Default thank you all...

I agree with you all.. I feel a lot better even though its only 13 days today I've been vaping! Last week I asked my wife for 1 inhale of her light strengh cigarette to see if anything had changed in me...and boy, it was DISGUSTING!!! There's no way I'm going back to the cancer sticks! Maybe I am using my PV wrong by inhaling more often than I should?

Quote Originally Posted by david1967:9038089
    My wife says that constant vaping is worse than cigarettes, she noticed that I was vaping a lot and keeping the smoke in my lungs for too long. She went online and read about vaping on a W.H.O. world health organization site that explains that vaping is possibly worse than smoking, and that they are looking into banning vaping!!!! So, can anyone help enlighten me and my wife?? (My wife still smokes by the Way!!)

All you have to do is read a few sentances on w.h.o. website and you'll realize how radical they are. No facts at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by david1967 View Post
    I agree with you all.. I feel a lot better even though its only 13 days today I've been vaping! Last week I asked my wife for 1 inhale of her light strengh cigarette to see if anything had changed in me...and boy, it was DISGUSTING!!! There's no way I'm going back to the cancer sticks! Maybe I am using my PV wrong by inhaling more often than I should?
    Pretty typical experience after quitting the cigarettes. Once you have released their hold on you, you are then free to discover just how terrible they really taste.

There is a different technique to vaping than how you possibly were smoking cigarettes. Slow, patient draws of 3 - 6 seconds in length, much like sucking on a straw in a milkshake. Hold temporarily in your mouth, then inhale if you wish. Then exhale through your mouth and nose.

Because the nicotine in vapor is mostly absorbed in the mouth, throat, and nose, there is no real need to inhale into the lungs unless you desire that experience. And because our sense of taste has been harmed from years of smoking, exhaling some vapor from your nose can actually assist your sense of smell to help you "taste" your e-liquid flavors.
    ______

The future of e-cigarettes is in danger the world over. It has been banned in places like Malaysia and Singapore, e-liquids with nicotine have been banned in Canada, and e-cigarettes in general banned in some counties in the US.

This is not because of proven harm caused by e-cigs, but because of corrupted government motives and special interest groups that stand to either benefit from such bannings or to lose big money from the competition to their own products currently on the market.

The US's Federal Drug Administration will be holding public hearings in April to discuss their plan on how to handle e-cigarettes in the US. This organization has already banned e-cigs a few years ago and it was temporarily overturned in court until the present time. The final outcome of these rulings likely will have a world-wide effect on what will happen to the e-cigarette market, as how the US goes the rest of the world tends to follow.

CASAA is the vapor's lone advocate in these hearings, and will be pitted against not only the FDA's slanted view on e-cigs, but the special interests of Big Tobacco and the Pharmaceutical Industry, also. I therefore urge all vapors to join CASAA, as every organization that represents a group becomes stronger with the number of members that it has.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

^^^^What he said. Joined 2 days ago, planning on donating soon!
    Baditude likes this.

Default thank you...

Thank you all, and bad for explaining how I should vape. I'm in Poland Europe and my PV came with instructions in polish, and my polish is bad!!! So I just guessed at how to vape. Thanks again all!!!
    Baditude likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Bad's post is dead on. BT and BP are loosing millions of dollars a day because more and more people are discovering vaping. BT realizes we now have options to get off their deadly products and stay off. This wasn't the case just a very short time ago. When all we had were the cheap disposables or cigalikes they had nothing to worry about. You might have quit for a week or two then went back to smoking because it didn't satisfy your cravings. BP is scared because you don't need chantix, zyban or any of the other crap they have developed, all of which have lots of negative side effects. Just look at what phen-phen did to people and it was FDA approved. Now these two giant industries are lining the pockets of politicians to get ecigs banned.
    Baditude and VapnWitch like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast