What is the best carto tank setup
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chimney34
  • 1 Post By BlueSnake

Thread: What is the best carto tank setup

Default What is the best carto tank setup

I tried the clearos my first couple of weeks vaping. I recently changed to a carto tank setup. I believe it is the smoketech version. The dual carto I originally bought worked great and the flavor was better to me than using the clearos. I bought a pack of the carto refills and now I'm having problems. The issue is that the cartos have two punched holes instead of one and they are flooding the carto often. Are there any carto refills that only have one punched hole? I've seen the DIY hole punch device, but not sure of which carto to buy. Another issue is that I can't find that good taste using my ego twist. I mean which voltage. Not sure of the ohm that originally came with carto tank setup I bought first. The refill cartos I have 1.2+- ohm. Thanks for any help. I tried to go back to a new clearo, but the taste just isn't the same as my carto tank working well.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I believe valley vapes & ElectronicStix has 1 hole cartos. Check out Baditude's blog. He has a whole list of vendors who sell prepunched cartos with 1-3 holes. I'm not good with adding links but if you go to the blog section it's under the most popular tab to the right.
    scion9 likes this.

Finally saving...but not nearly what it says above. Oh well, still beats smoking any day!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Echoitali View Post
    I tried the clearos my first couple of weeks vaping. I recently changed to a carto tank setup. I believe it is the smoketech version. The dual carto I originally bought worked great and the flavor was better to me than using the clearos. I bought a pack of the carto refills and now I'm having problems. The issue is that the cartos have two punched holes instead of one and they are flooding the carto often. Are there any carto refills that only have one punched hole? I've seen the DIY hole punch device, but not sure of which carto to buy. Another issue is that I can't find that good taste using my ego twist. I mean which voltage. Not sure of the ohm that originally came with carto tank setup I bought first. The refill cartos I have 1.2+- ohm. Thanks for any help. I tried to go back to a new clearo, but the taste just isn't the same as my carto tank working well.
    I get best flavor from 2.0 - 2.6 ohm cartos. I use VV devices as to adjust voltage for flavor and taste. I use Ikenvape fusion cartos. They are hard to get right now. Your lower ohm cartos are going to give you the least flavor imho. At least for me they do. There is not much range to adjust a low ohm carto.

What voltage do you usually run a with 2.0 - 2.6 ohm carto? Also I'm using mainly 50-50 blend juices.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Generally the DCT comes with a 1.5 dual coil carto. As far as leaking maybe the carto is just flooded. Turn the carto tank upside down so that there is air over the carto holes. Hold a paper towel over the end of the carto and gently blow to clear the juice. Then try.

The other possibility is if you cut the orings when inserting the carto it will flood. Also make sure the tank has good airflow if the draw is hard it could mean there is no clearance between the tank and the battery. Then when vaping you would just flood the carto.

Good luck and don't give up.
    ChaoticRamblings likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What voltage do you usually run a with 2.0 - 2.6 ohm carto? Also I'm using mainly 50-50 blend juices.
    Im using about 4v/ maybe 4.5v using about 90%vg in most juices. I use tanks with my cartos. I never use them without using in a tank. I have lots of tanks. Doesnt really matter tank or device. Its the carto that makes the difference.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I get usually get Smoktech XL cartos from Smoktek and Boge standard-sized cartos from Valley View Vapes. As say usually, because things sometimes aren't in stock or I find a sale somewhere. I prefer 1-holed, since I use 70%pg juice, but more often end up with 2-holed due to availability. I like the laser punched holes because they are smaller (again, because of the thin juice). Ray @VVV punches the cartos himself and sometimes the holes seem a little big.

As far as the power, you really need to just start somewhere and dial around until you like how it tastes.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

I've tried to blow the carto out, but the end result is that it eventually floods after few good pulls. When I noticed the juice was getting used quicker I figured something was wrong. I'm definitely sticking with the carto tank setup. I just didn't know where to start to find some quality cartos or what ohm I should be looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by doots View Post
    Im using about 4v/ maybe 4.5v using about 90%vg in most juices. I use tanks with my cartos. I never use them without using in a tank. I have lots of tanks. Doesnt really matter tank or device. Its the carto that makes the difference.
    Thanks, I figured the carto made the difference. Im gonna check out the ikenvape cartos and give them a try. I've only used the tank setup thus far.
    Last edited by Echoitali; 03-27-2013 at 03:17 AM.