EVOD problems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: EVOD problems.

Full Member* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default EVOD problems.

i dont know if i am screwing things in to tight or what... but i am having issues with my evods. one of them started gurgling half way through its first fill, and then i refilled and after a few hours it started leaking everywhere. the second one was working perfect. but refilled and after a few hours it started leaking like the other one.

when i was having the gurgling problem, i ran through a thread that i found through search and it said to fluff the wick.so i did that when i refilled. i fluffed both of them and now they are both leaking/gurgling/flooding. so i dunno if thats my problem of if i am screwing things on too tight.

how tight do the atom parts need to be?
    how tight does the atom need to be screwed into the tank?
    how tight does the clearo need to be?<-- i just noticed that there is a dealio in the battery that depresses. so now i know i dont have to screw the clearo all the way down.

what is the process for the wick? all i did was kinda lift up on both sides with my fingernail a few times.

is there anything i can get that will 'just work'? is there something i could buy that uses standard o-rings and such? i have coil wires poking through the cheap and crappy o-ring on my atomizer. that seems extremely foreign to me. how can it seal if it has wires poking through it?

i am too fidgety right now as i just started day three and the withdrawals are hitting me pretty hard. i will end up ripping this thing apart once i am calm again. but before i use my back up heads.... i would like to know what it is that i am doing wrong. please help.

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Try increasing your voltage. Take it to the maximum you can without a burned sensation.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hey there Needa, welcome to ecf. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your setup. I personally tried these and didn't really like them much after the first fill. Had the same experience you're having. I've used cartotanks for almost a year and have had basically no problems with them. Read bad's thread on tanks. And if ya got question feel free to ask. He's an expert at tanks Hope ya get setup and running with no problems soon.
    Carto Tank Setup
    BentWookie and needa like this.

Full Member* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i kinda did that. i figured more heat would burn up the excess. ended up running them at 4.3 and things just kept getting worse. edit: not due to turning them up. just saying it didnt seem to help with as bad as it was leaking.

i just watched a rebuild video of the t3. i see that the place the wires come out of is not an o-ring now. i also see that the wicks play a huge role in holding back the gurgling and leaks.
    Last edited by needa; 03-31-2013 at 02:34 PM.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gjshaw29 View Post
    Hey there Needa, welcome to ecf. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your setup. I personally tried these and didn't really like them much after the first fill. Had the same experience you're having. I've used cartotanks for almost a year and have had basically no problems with them. Read bad's thread on tanks. And if ya got question feel free to ask. He's an expert at tanks Hope ya get setup and running with no problems soon.
    Carto Tank Setup
    I was going to suggest the same thing. Abandon the EVOD and try a carto tank. I bought 5 EVODs at once since I had decent luck w/ the T3/MT3. All 5 of my EVODs leaked badly. Fortunately I was already into rebuilding my own wick/coil with cotton but then I discovered to joy of carto/carto tanks and have not touched a Vivi Nova or Kanger T3/MT3/EVOD since.

Sorry I know that doesnt answer your original question but I am still a little upset w/ the EVODs.
    needa likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I was having the same problem and found that taking shorter softer puffs worked for me.
    needa likes this.

Full Member* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by gjshaw29 View Post
    Carto Tank Setup
    Quote Originally Posted by BentWookie View Post
    I was going to suggest the same thing. Abandon the EVOD and try a carto tank. I bought 5 EVODs at once since I had decent luck w/ the T3/MT3. All 5 of my EVODs leaked badly. Fortunately I was already into rebuilding my own wick/coil with cotton but then I discovered to joy of carto/carto tanks and have not touched a Vivi Nova or Kanger T3/MT3/EVOD since.

Sorry I know that doesnt answer your original question but I am still a little upset w/ the EVODs.
    thank you both. this seems to be what i am wanting. regular o-rings. replaceable. fixable.

so now i am on to purchasing more stuff but i am totally jazzed about it at the same time.

is that big daddy place the only place that carries the tool?

Quote Originally Posted by pmg1944 View Post
    I was having the same problem and found that taking shorter softer puffs worked for me.
    will try. but right now... my body and mind wants to hit it like a cigarette. so hard to control.
    TattooedSkin likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

How To: Fix your leaking Kanger T3! - YouTube
    How I re-wick my T3's with cheesecloth (pictues)

Assuming you don't have an air leak in the tank at the top, this is easily fixable. While you look at these links, take a small piece of cotton ball and after twisting into a wick like look, place on top of the existing wicks. Also be sure the coil assembly is screwed down tightly into the base, and didn't unsrew some when you tok it apart to fill.

First link is long, but the guy covers why and how to very well. The second link is an other how to that doesn't involve a complete rebuild showing one way to replace the stock silica wick with cotton.
    Last edited by Big Screen D; 03-31-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    needa likes this.

Just forgot to pick up that 2000th carton of Marlboro's since finding e-cigs.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I must be having exceptional luck with the EVODs. No leaking and minimal gurgling. They do make a hissing and crackling sound during normal use. The only time mine gurgle is when I've gotten some liquid in the center tube, or when the post on the atomizer is not tightened down securely. You can tell pretty easily that things are not tightened down by looking at whether there's a gap between the bottom assembly and the tank.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by needa View Post
    is that big daddy place the only place that carries the tool?

No. there are many places that sell the refiller drip tips. Here's one. I think they have free shipping too

DCT Refilling Drip Tip - Chrome

Pay no mind to that 2 star review. I think they were reviewing some other tank product and posted it on the drip tip instead by mistake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast