Low Resistance on ego-t? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Low Resistance on ego-t?

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USinchains View Post
    Are they regulated 3.3 now? Could have swore they used to be 3.7. Who knows what I'm thinking though, been forever since I've tested one. That makes things easier anyway, as far as LR and amps go.
    Kgo and SmokTech eGo are 3.7. JT eGo is 3.3. eGo upgrade toggles between regulated and unregulated- 3.3 or 4.2 (mostly @ 3.7 volts)

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have 2 Joye eGo-C 650's from my starter kit that I bought almost a year ago. I've used them a lot with LR eGo-C atties at 1.6 - 1.9 ohms with no problems. I had a few atties go below 1.5 ohms on me, probably the coils shorting. What happens is that the battery light flashes a few times, the battery shuts down and 5 clicks does not turn it back on. Putting it on the charger for a few seconds brings it back. Had this experience a few times. Never hurt the batteries that I was aware of. After that experience I always checked the resistance of LR atties before installing them. Resistance can however decrease while they are being used.
    Last edited by Ryedan; 04-04-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    Vapoor eyes er and Katya like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran jSquared's Avatar

Are they regulated 3.3 now? Could have swore they used to be 3.7. Who knows what I'm thinking though, been forever since I've tested one. That makes things easier anyway, as far as LR and amps go.
    It's not always easy to spot in product listings, even on the Joyetech website:

Joyetech eGo-T 1000mAh Battery

JJ

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

I researched the eGo class thoroughly cuz I was buying starter kits for a non profit vape prog I run. Kgo won out cuz it fired @ 3.7 volts and was a larger battery (1100 mah). Still distributing those same kits today with remarkable success.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Ego batteries have always been regulated, even though stated voltage has always been listed as 3.7v. The only true unregulated eGo-class batteries were (new) Rivas and KGOs. The first Joyetech eGo to offer true 3.7 in unregulated mode was the eGo-C upgrade battery; it also offers a regulated, 3.3v mode. Ego-C Twist (and Vision Spinner) are variable voltage devices (3.3-4.8v).
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

Kills batteries fast unless more than 900mah, 1100 to 1300 is better but depending on your vaping habits, might kill the buzz with the voltage drop off.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by boshans View Post
    I tried using the search function but couldn't find anything specific...

I just was wondering if it is ok to use LR attys/clearomizers on the ego-t battery? I have 2 1000mAh ego-t batteries, and am using 1.8 ohm clearomizers, specifically 1.8 ohm Kanger T2's/T3's and eVods. One of the T3's is 2 something ohms, and the coils that came in with the evods are 2 something ohms, but i have replacement coils for the t3's and evods that are 1.8 ohms, and all my T2's are 1.8. This one site says that it doesn't warranty using anything below 2 ohms on the ego-t battery, but other things I read said it was fine to use LR attys on it...So what the hell is the truth?
    Yes, it's OK. Joyetech makes 1.5Ω atties, but proceed with caution and check the resistance of the atty frequently. Resistance tends to drop and 1.1Ω resistance used to mean sudden death of your eGo in the past, especially with those older batteries equipped with that infamous MOSFET switch. The circuitry of eGos has been improved recently.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
    I have 2 Joye eGo-C 650's from my starter kit that I bought almost a year ago. I've used them a lot with LR eGo-C atties at 1.6 - 1.9 ohms with no problems. I had a few atties go below 1.5 ohms on me, probably the coils shorting. What happens is that the battery light flashes a few times, the battery shuts down and 5 clicks does not turn it back on. Putting it on the charger for a few seconds brings it back. Had this experience a few times. Never hurt the batteries that I was aware of. After that experience I always checked the resistance of LR atties before installing them. Resistance can however decrease while they are being used.
    Yup yup. The good old MOSFET!

1.1Ω is the kill point!

About Low Resistance and Specific batteries
    Last edited by Katya; 04-05-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    JUDGMENT AFFIRMED likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12