Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Best 18350 Battery?

Question Best 18350 Battery?

Hi,

Been searching around for what is the top of the line 18350 Battery. Unfortunately the ever popular search button delivers be random threads (evic tubes, telescoping mods, ect) due to "18350" is the smallest MOD/APV option.

I plan on using it solo. I currently have an EFest IMR V2 800 Mah LiMn, is there something better out there? (in the 18350 series).

Please help a "Newb" out.

side question what is the next size up?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use EFest in my Vamo 2
    I have both EFest IMR 18350 800 mah (mostly use them stacked) and EFest IMR 18650 2250 mah
    Not that matters, or maybe it does but I use flat tops primarily and have button tops as back up.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

AW IMR is the way to go. Best prices can be found at rtdvapor.com or supertmanufacturing.com.
    The next size up is 18490/18500

Provari's w/eBaron Dripper Pro's and a huge collection of everything else !!!

^ Thanks all.

Tom, why is AW better? is it quality, proven over time (through other vaper(s) experience)? does AW have a longer shelf life?

I notice the AW is about 100 mah less than EFest, can i conclude; the fully charged EFest will last longer than a fully charged AW?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rush808 View Post
    ^ Thanks all.

Tom, why is AW better? is it quality, proven over time (through other vaper(s) experience)? does AW have a longer shelf life?

I notice the AW is about 100 mah less than EFest, can i conclude; the fully charged EFest will last longer than a fully charged AW?
    When producing cells, they grade them on quality. The top quality ones go to AW the 2nd grade go to efest and off name products.

I had two Efest and two AW IMR 14500 Batteries that I alternated. In 6 months the Efest went bad, the Aw IMR were still chugging away.

I suspect, and because I don't have 18350 from Efest and can't' test myself that AW gives an honest Mah rating whereas Efest may be exaggerating and under real use, might come in at or below the Aw IMR

I have a Lamp for my bike and I did a test.
    I had Orbritronic 18650 Batteries which are very high quality the Mah was 2800
    I compared it to an Ultrafire 3100mah

Basically I ran the batteries in the lamp and timed them.
    With the ultrafire after around 2 hours it began to dim and ran out 1/2 hour later.
    The Orbritronic ran for over 2 1/2 hours steady bright light and shut off at 3 hours.

So MAH is not everything.

On the other hand I compared two Protected Trustfire 14500 900mah to two Aw Imr 14500 batteries and the Trustfires left the Aw IMR trailing in a cloud of dust.

The Box mod I was using it in would not have tested the tolerances of the Trustfire so it was the better deal.
    Last edited by tomzgreat; 04-09-2013 at 02:00 AM.

PV Master Verified Member

AW IMR only in my mod.

- Andy . . . Challenge in lieu of being challenged.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

There are a lot of decisions involving batteries.

My rule of thumb.
    1. What size fits in the Mod. Some are sized that they'll only fit an IMR Battery.
    In that case I buy AW IMG from Light Hound. They are famous on the Flashlight forums for being a reliable source for AW
    There are many knockoffs out there and I don't buy anywhere else
    2. What is my application. If I'm going to be doing just regular vaping than you can get by with a Quality Lithium Ion Non IMR Battery [Protected]
    If you are planning on doing extreme vaping, Example dual coils at high Voltage, than you definitely will need an IMR Battery
    Two Links
    A. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...949o2_1280.png
    IF you are in the Red Zone definitely IMR
    B.
    Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator
    Check the Amps, if you are at 2 Amps no problem, 2.5 Amps Caution Zone 3 Amps you want IMR or High Drain by the way any experts who want to correct my assessment feel free. this is an opinion and shouldn't be taken as a engraved in stone fact.

3. Your device. Devices are specific, If you are on a Mechanical Mod and doing xtreme vaping, you need your head examined if you don't use an IMR or a High Drain Battery. While Protected batteries have protection, they are often cheap and you can't count on the protection always going off. Bad Things can happen.
    Provari and other VV that are high tech will usually have the circuitry to cut off if something bad happens with your battery. Still if you are in the Red Zone or Vaping above 2.5Amps than you need High drain.

I welcome the opinion of experts on this matter.
    Last edited by tomzgreat; 04-09-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Full Member Verified Member

That's good to know. My Provari came with AW IMR so started buying that brand.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itchy_balls View Post
    That's good to know. My Provari came with AW IMR so started buying that brand.
    I've been using Protected Orbitronic Batteries on my Provari for years without issue. Orbritronic is a very good quality Chinese Cel.

But on my Provari I vaped a 2.4OHm or 2.8 Clearomizer at around 4.2 to 4.8 this is low amperage vaping, so I saved money without a performance drop.
    JUDGMENT AFFIRMED likes this.

Moved On

Great information,don't want any electronic blowing up in my face:l

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast