Top Coil vs Bottom Coil Atomizers/Clearomizers
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Top Coil vs Bottom Coil Atomizers/Clearomizers

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Top Coil vs Bottom Coil Atomizers/Clearomizers

I have several clearomizers, all top coil ?? Most are Vision or Stardust, and a couple have long wicks. All but 4 are small ( 1.6 ml) The larger ones hold 2.0 ml.

Im seeing a bunch of bottom coil clearos and want to know if for those that use them, have replaced their top coils and what is the benefits.

We have taken all our clearos apart for cleaning, so we arent complete total newbs here....LOL
    Donovan69 likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran DuckysBooBoo's Avatar

I am now using Kanger T3's, Evods and MT3's. They're bottom coils and I love them. You should give them a try.
    Donovan69 likes this.

Full Member Verified Member HHonors's Avatar

Kanger's bottom coil products are awesome. Started with their T3's, moved onto the EVOD, and now waiting on my Protank to arrive.
    Donovan69 likes this.

No more top coil clearos for me!
    I use T3 and Protank.
    Protank is amazing!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Donovan69 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I started off with a Vivi Nova and a T3. I much prefer the bottom coil clearomizers. The T3 is an airy draw (which I don't mind) but can be made tighter by plugging up 1 or 2 of the holes in the base by inserting a toothpick and breaking it off. I much prefer the Evods which don't hiss or gurgle like a T3 sometimes does. The Evod heads are also cheaper to replace.

The bottom coil clearomizers provide a cooler vape compared to the warm vape from a top coil. Again, I prefer that but others may not. The bottom coils are also easier to fill and clean IMHO. So far I've never had one leak on me, even after cleaning.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The bottom coil devices and rebuildables are very popular right now. The majority of complaints on the bottom feeders is gurgling and leakage. I have used both types. For me, I tend to like a warmer vape so I lean toward the top coil Kanger T-2's. Since I vape with the device horizontal I do not get dry hits. That said, I will certainly try the Protank because I have seen many positive reviews.
    Donovan69 likes this.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Lowest Kanger ProTank price right now is $15.99:
    Kangertech ProTank

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've used both and like the T3 bottom coil. Replaceable heads too for just a couple of bucks. I also really like the Phoenix bottom coil. They don't hold as much juice, only 1.6.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'd bought a Mini Nova and a Kanger T3 at the same time because each had sizable fanbases
    For the first week they were about equal in flavor/vapor/etc, but after that week the T3 started leaking on me, gurgling and just generally being a pain to use
    The Nova has been running like a champ the last 3 months. No leaks/gurgles unless I overfilled and no dry hits(more times than not it's either fully filled or lying on its side), and this is after dropping the whole thing and slightly bending the center post

Around the time I'd bought the two is when Kanger was tinkering with the design of the T3 without changing the model name/number/etc, so it's possible I got one of the "duds"

In the end, it comes down to whatever device you like best
    Donovan69 likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use the protank most of the time (4 filled with different juices) and one nova stv because that is the one top coil I've found that wicks well and gives me good flavor and ease of use. Everything else is just collecting dust, some stuff still in their original packaging having never been opened. I'll probably give those to my friends when they decide they're ready to make the switch. Some are T2's and mini nova knock offs, and a few packs of carto's.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast