Dry burning a clearomizer after cleaning?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dry burning a clearomizer after cleaning?

Default Dry burning a clearomizer after cleaning?

I watched a few video tutorials on cleaning them out, one of them after cleaning would dry burn on and off until the coil starts to glow orange.

Is this perfectly ok? will it damage it in anyway? dont particularly fancy waiting a long time between cleans....

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ive dry burned all my clearos multiple times. Just make sure that you arent holding the fire button down for more than a few seconds at a time, and stop when you dont see stuff burning off it. Some of us put a drop of juice on the coil after dry burning to get rid of the taste before putting it back together.

ThankS Sheila, what about for the ones that aren't rebuildable, do you still dry burn those after rinsing out?

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Yep short 2-3 bursts until there's no more smoke coming from the coil. Remove the silicon cap beforehand of course. After dry burning I rinse the head under hot water to remove the ash.
    Washing cleans the wick and tank while dry burning turns the gunked up juice on the coil into ash.

Hey slummy, I just got my first clearomizer but I cannot see a coil that glows red or anything. How exactly do you clean your clearomizer ?

I have 2 wicks that go into a tube. I think the heating thing is hidden in the tube that the vapour pulls through. Do you just boil them like a cartomizer? I was wondering if the heat would crack the glass?

Full Member Supporting Member

Default Dry burning a clearomizer after cleaning?

I've cleaned all my clearos and wicks but not by boiling. I soak them overnight in a vinegar and baking soda mixture. Rinse really well and let air dry. Some of the more potent flavors tend to taint the wicks to a degree, but eventually seem to dissipate after a while. Honestly, I am surprised how durable they seem to be!

Good luck.
    chaos-7 likes this.

Is it a 50 50 vinegar baking soda ratio? Do you just clean them when changing flavours?

@ fleecelined, wah thats a bit too much lol, i have so many new juices i want to try

i just cleaned my rebuildable clearo, took everything apart, rinse in warm water, dry with a tissue, take the silicone head off, attack to battery then dry burn in like 3 or 4 secs bursts until the coil that starts to glow orange, then put everything back together... used it straight after and it worked as well as new

but for my non rebuildable clearo... i rinsed it out a couple of times with warm water under the tap.... but for dry burning, it has not silicone head to take off, so cant see the coil to know when im done dry burning or not??? and condensation forms in the tube. just want to get it all dry and clean so i can use it again with a new flavour in as little time as possible.

Yes I think mine isnt rebuildable too. I can only screw the lid/mouth piece off. I will just rinse with warm water first then try vinegar if warm water dosn't work so well. To be honest I love my RY4 liquid soo much I doubt I will change any time soon.

Ok I was able to dry burn it to the point I could see the coil go orang through the tiny hole, but there's still quite a bit of condensation in the tube. Tried a hair dryer but didn't work. I suppose a tiny bit of water won't do any harm
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365698812.159426.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast