Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: In your opinion, is Vaping considered Smoking?

Default In your opinion, is Vaping considered Smoking?

Today makes 21 days without a cigarette!!! I had been a heavy smoker for 30 years and the sad part is that Iím only 39! I started out with the nicotine patch, then added the lozenges and neither of those was working for me so I ordered the Halo G6e-cig (please remember that I am a noob here!!!) and the G6 did the trick for me. I have recently upgraded to an eGo Twist with an iclear 16 clearomizer,what a difference!!!

Back to the question: my family and friends are asking me every day if I am still smoke free and my standard answer is that I have not smoked a cigarette but I am vaping and then I am asked if that is not the very same thing. Well I donít have an answer to that because I just donít know! So how would you answer a question like that??? Is vaping considered smoking? Any and all answers are greatly appreciated!!!
    Oktyabr and eratikmind like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran

You can't be a smoker without smoke. Welcome.
    mommyofdoom, aqrhine and ~Sheila~ like this.

In my opinion, no. However, I treat it the same when in public. Vaping still isn't understood by most people and they could view it the same as smoking a cigarette. Better to be safe and use discretion.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Rickman6982 and ~Sheila~ like this.

Full Member* Verified Member Scot Thomas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smokers emit smoke.
    You're a vaper now.
    Smoke free baby.
    Welcome to ECF

Funny story: I was vaping at a restaurant recently, when the manager came up to me and politely informed me that there was no smoking in the establishment.

I smiled and told him I understood, and if I saw anyone smoking I'd let him know!

He asked where the smoke was coming from then, and I explained to him that it was an e-cig, and emits a relatively odorless vapor. I also let him know I wouldn't vape anymore during my visit out of respect, but I felt it important to differentiate what i was doing from a smoker. Most people don't understand vaping, so as part of the vaping community, i feel it's important to educate people about what it's all about.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

you are a non smoker. " this is not a real cigarette, it is like using a nicotene patch. i am exhaling vapor, not smoke...vapor, just like when it is cold outside". i have been a non smoker for ----------because of this!" that is how i would put it. welcome to ecf.
    SueGeo and ~Sheila~ like this.
    hubby and I quit stinkies on 12-7-2012..after smoking for 45 years! .combined, this is our info:0 member of www.casaa.org
    member of vaperswild.com

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sheila~ View Post
    Today makes 21 days without a cigarette!!! I had been a heavy smoker for 30 years and the sad part is that I’m only 39! I started out with the nicotine patch, then added the lozenges and neither of those was working for me so I ordered the Halo G6e-cig (please remember that I am a noob here!!!) and the G6 did the trick for me. I have recently upgraded to an eGo Twist with an iclear 16 clearomizer,what a difference!!!

Back to the question: my family and friends are asking me every day if I am still smoke free and my standard answer is that I have not smoked a cigarette but I am vaping and then I am asked if that is not the very same thing. Well I don’t have an answer to that because I just don’t know! So how would you answer a question like that??? Is vaping considered smoking? Any and all answers are greatly appreciated!!!
    I say it's not. There's no smoke eh?

Yeah, okay, we're still getting the nicotine but not some 4 freaking thousand other chemicals so it's definitely not the same thing...
    Oktyabr, Stephuhnator and ~Sheila~ like this.
    Mark K Bilbo

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Nope. Otherwise it would be called smoking.

I get frustrated when too many people ask that kind of question though. Im not supposed to, i know, but society has become so averse to anything even remotely related to smoking that it is borderlining blind prejudice and just plain old ignorance. And i have a physical allergic reaction to ignorance.
    datacreek, RosaJ, Spike64 and 1 others like this.
    Exclusive owner of clones
    I'm on tilt

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

100% no. Smoking and vaping is like... bacon and turkey bacon. They might look and feel similar, MAYBE even taste a bit similar, but in the end they aren't the same thing at all.

Lol @ bad analogies.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It is not smoking. It is very different than smoking. I know this because my lungs tell me I stopped smoking. My nose now works. My taste buds are no longer on vacation. My car doesn't smell like smoke anymore(even to a non smoker). My bank acct can tell I stopped smoking and even thanked me by gaining a little weight. People can say, think or act however they want but I trust myself and my observations. I am no longer a smoker and neither are you.
    Spike64 and ~Sheila~ like this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast