In your opinion, is Vaping considered Smoking?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: In your opinion, is Vaping considered Smoking?

Default In your opinion, is Vaping considered Smoking?

Today makes 21 days without a cigarette!!! I had been a heavy smoker for 30 years and the sad part is that Iím only 39! I started out with the nicotine patch, then added the lozenges and neither of those was working for me so I ordered the Halo G6e-cig (please remember that I am a noob here!!!) and the G6 did the trick for me. I have recently upgraded to an eGo Twist with an iclear 16 clearomizer,what a difference!!!

Back to the question: my family and friends are asking me every day if I am still smoke free and my standard answer is that I have not smoked a cigarette but I am vaping and then I am asked if that is not the very same thing. Well I donít have an answer to that because I just donít know! So how would you answer a question like that??? Is vaping considered smoking? Any and all answers are greatly appreciated!!!
    Oktyabr and eratikmind like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran

You can't be a smoker without smoke. Welcome.
    mommyofdoom, aqrhine and ~Sheila~ like this.

In my opinion, no. However, I treat it the same when in public. Vaping still isn't understood by most people and they could view it the same as smoking a cigarette. Better to be safe and use discretion.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Rickman6982 and ~Sheila~ like this.

Full Member* Verified Member Scot Thomas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smokers emit smoke.
    You're a vaper now.
    Smoke free baby.
    Welcome to ECF

Funny story: I was vaping at a restaurant recently, when the manager came up to me and politely informed me that there was no smoking in the establishment.

I smiled and told him I understood, and if I saw anyone smoking I'd let him know!

He asked where the smoke was coming from then, and I explained to him that it was an e-cig, and emits a relatively odorless vapor. I also let him know I wouldn't vape anymore during my visit out of respect, but I felt it important to differentiate what i was doing from a smoker. Most people don't understand vaping, so as part of the vaping community, i feel it's important to educate people about what it's all about.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

you are a non smoker. " this is not a real cigarette, it is like using a nicotene patch. i am exhaling vapor, not smoke...vapor, just like when it is cold outside". i have been a non smoker for ----------because of this!" that is how i would put it. welcome to ecf.
    Wow1420 and ~Sheila~ like this.
    Member casaa and vapers wild...hubby and I both quit on same day, so double the savings for more vegas trips! After 45 years of smoking for me, and 55 years for hubby...we can attest that vaping works! no more stinkies for us! Our quit date is 12-07-2012!

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sheila~ View Post
    Today makes 21 days without a cigarette!!! I had been a heavy smoker for 30 years and the sad part is that I’m only 39! I started out with the nicotine patch, then added the lozenges and neither of those was working for me so I ordered the Halo G6e-cig (please remember that I am a noob here!!!) and the G6 did the trick for me. I have recently upgraded to an eGo Twist with an iclear 16 clearomizer,what a difference!!!

Back to the question: my family and friends are asking me every day if I am still smoke free and my standard answer is that I have not smoked a cigarette but I am vaping and then I am asked if that is not the very same thing. Well I don’t have an answer to that because I just don’t know! So how would you answer a question like that??? Is vaping considered smoking? Any and all answers are greatly appreciated!!!
    I say it's not. There's no smoke eh?

Yeah, okay, we're still getting the nicotine but not some 4 freaking thousand other chemicals so it's definitely not the same thing...
    Oktyabr, Stephuhnator and ~Sheila~ like this.
    Mark K Bilbo

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Nope. Otherwise it would be called smoking.

I get frustrated when too many people ask that kind of question though. Im not supposed to, i know, but society has become so averse to anything even remotely related to smoking that it is borderlining blind prejudice and just plain old ignorance. And i have a physical allergic reaction to ignorance.
    datacreek, RosaJ, Spike64 and 1 others like this.
    Exclusive owner of clones
    I'm on tilt

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

100% no. Smoking and vaping is like... bacon and turkey bacon. They might look and feel similar, MAYBE even taste a bit similar, but in the end they aren't the same thing at all.

Lol @ bad analogies.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It is not smoking. It is very different than smoking. I know this because my lungs tell me I stopped smoking. My nose now works. My taste buds are no longer on vacation. My car doesn't smell like smoke anymore(even to a non smoker). My bank acct can tell I stopped smoking and even thanked me by gaining a little weight. People can say, think or act however they want but I trust myself and my observations. I am no longer a smoker and neither are you.
    Spike64 and ~Sheila~ like this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast