Water in Lungs from Vaping?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Water in Lungs from Vaping?

Default Water in Lungs from Vaping?

So I heard this news that some people have found water in their lungs from vaping, thus makes it harder to breath.

Have anyone encountered something or heard of something like this?

Retired & Squonking It Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Negative . . . If anything, my wind is much better, now, since I quit smoking.

ETA: where did you come upon this claim or news?

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha.

​*** Keep Your Wicks Wet & Warm - Andy ***

Full Member ECF Veteran

There is already a thread on this topic if you would like to read the replies to it here is the link:

Electronic Cigarettes Cause Damage to Lungs, Study Finds
    ScooterCat and Mary*Ann like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Jaypee, I can't find any confirmed report of water on the lungs caused by vaping anywhere. There is an awful lot of 'junk science' out there about vaping. As far as I know there is no verified data of anything regarding vaping having any long term negative effect on lung capacity. All data collected so far is positive.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

After living in Houston for five years and dealing with that insane humidity, vaping is a breeze. But seriously, I know that some respiratory therapy is performed with moisture (water vapor) so I don't think that it is a major concern, if any. Now the ingredients in your juice is a different story. Just do your homework with vendors and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Just do whatever it takes to get off cigarettes. Tar, 33 carcinogens, 3000+ chemicals, and the effects of the heated smoke itself are more than enough reasons to quit.
    Oktyabr, AttyPops, RayBans and 4 others like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well let me blow up your mind with my wisdom. As a Licensed Respiratory Therapist, Yes it's true that your lungs will have water due to vaping. Yes it will increase the resistance through your airway (lungs) because of this your breathing will increase. But what MOST people don't know that your lungs will absorb those water vapor. It will go through your blood stream then your kidneys will absorb them and cleanse your body by urinating them out. Then after a break from vaping your lungs will breath back to normal again.

P.S. Your lungs will always have water(Moisture) in them. To keep it functioning.
    Last edited by Vap3rV3nom; 04-23-2013 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Fix you're to your. (for the grammar freaks)
    Oktyabr, Old Chemist, Uma and 23 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vap3rV3nom View Post
    Well let me blow up your mind with my wisdom. As a Licensed Respiratory Therapist, Yes it's true that your lungs will have water due to vaping. Yes it will increase the resistance through your airway (lungs) because of this your breathing will increase. But what MOST people don't know that your lungs will absorb those water vapor. It will go through your blood stream then your kidneys will absorb them and cleanse your body by urinating them out. Then after a break from vaping your lungs will breath back to normal again.

P.S. Your lungs will always have water(Moisture) in them. To keep it functioning.
    As an M.D., I agree 100%. On top of which, I'd expect vaping to do the actual opposite of adding excess water into the respiratory tract (lungs). With the heat produced from the atomizer/cartomizer, I would expect the respiratory tract to become dehydrated rather than become excessively hydrated, which is why replenishing with water is important for hardcore, all-day vapors.

Otherwise, like Vap3rV3nom stated, any excess fluid/liquid/etc. in your lungs will be reabsorbed into your body's circulation via pulmonary capillaries. Result? Might pee more often than usual.

Think of it this way - more water and tiny food particles get lodged in your lungs more often than you think. When this happens, very small parts of your lungs collapse to consolidate the water/food particles that are lodged in the small passageways. Medical term is "atelctasis." Tiny atelctases occur often, even on a daily basis, with everyone - how come we don't really notice it? They are so minuscule that our body amazingly compensates and rids of the tiny particles by dissolving and eventually absorbing them into our blood circulation via pulmonary capillaries (vessels in the lungs). When that's all done, the collapsed tiny part(s) of the lungs reopens and everything goes back to normal. Once it is absorbed into the blood circulation, it filters at our kidneys and we simply pee it out. Amazing, in my opinion.

Long story short - don't worry about it. Happy vaping!
    Oktyabr, Old Chemist, Uma and 26 others like this.
    BluCigs>Joye's eGo>Joye's eGo-C>Provari,ZMax,IGO-L>iTasteSVD,Tesla,VamoV5!!!
    Vaping changes and saves lives. Don't let the government ban eCigs. Join CASAA!
    Volt/Resistance Chart

Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    So I heard this news that some people have found water in their lungs from vaping, thus makes it harder to breath.

Have anyone encountered something or heard of something like this?
    Links please, would like to see this evidence. Ty
    Vapoor eyes er and RedNBlack like this.

Vapeing for Freedom

Super Member ECF Veteran Old Chemist's Avatar

I guess it's a typical urban legend, alas spreading like a virus. Here in Poland now and then people ask about water in lungs. Some of them heard awful stories about several people suffering from water in lungs and as a result being treated in hospitals.
    But when you ask about the source, the usual answer would be something like: I haven't seen that personally, but a friend of mine told me that his cousin's neighbor's brother-in-law said it's real.
    There's not even a single such case reported by medical community, as far as I know.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Did you take a hot shower this morning? Did you drown while doing it? Just sayin.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast