Kanger Pro-tank and Vamo- Do you need an adapter?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kanger Pro-tank and Vamo- Do you need an adapter?

Default Kanger Pro-tank and Vamo- Do you need an adapter?

Hey guys! I might be loosing my mind- I could of sworn that I used my Vamo with my Protank Kangler without an adapter. I tried to fire it up today- and nothing happened! I put the adapter on and of course it worked. Why do I feel like i didn't use the adapter before?

OH, a friend of mine sent me a link about some Pro-tanks from Kangler that had metal shavings. Be careful!

CHECK YOUR PROTANK FOR METAL SHAVINGS Shared... | GrimmGreenIndustries

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

ok what I did was screw an 510/ego adapter on it then put on hte ego beauty ring (to tighten up the draw a bit) then put the tank on. If you don't care about the beauty ring then no it should screw right on.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrany View Post
    ok what I did was screw an 510/ego adapter on it then put on hte ego beauty ring (to tighten up the draw a bit) then put the tank on. If you don't care about the beauty ring then no it should screw right on.
    Hi Myrany!

Thats what that beauty is for! Oh boy, i'm a little slow when it comes to these things! I think the reason I cant remember if I needed an adapter for the Vamo is because on my K100- I just screw it on and its ready to go. Have you tried to not use an adapter for the set up your Kangler tank in the Vamo? For some reason, I dont remember having to need to use the adapter. I guess i'm getting old

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The kanger evod fits the vamo, with no adapter, the kanger t3's need an adapter.

I've heard the pro tank works with the evod coil assembly, so maybe it will fit.. Don't own one so I can't say that the coil assembly designed for it will fit or not.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Tene View Post
    Hi Myrany!

Thats what that beauty is for! Oh boy, i'm a little slow when it comes to these things! I think the reason I cant remember if I needed an adapter for the Vamo is because on my K100- I just screw it on and its ready to go. Have you tried to not use an adapter for the set up your Kangler tank in the Vamo? For some reason, I dont remember having to need to use the adapter. I guess i'm getting old
    Iam going to be honest with you I just got my vamo today so I am still playing with it. hehehe

The connection on the kanger is 510 so the protank should just screw in. A very nice person posted a hint to me in the vamo section of the forum that one should use an adapter of some sort as the threading on the vamo isn't great. Screwing things in and out on an adapter will help stop that problem.

Soon to be Vamo owner with questions
    Last edited by Myrany; 04-27-2013 at 05:41 AM. Reason: because I did the dyslexic when tired thing

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Myrany View Post
    Iam going to be honest with you I just got my vamo today so I am still playing with it. hehehe

The connection on the kanger is 510 so the protank should just screw in. A very nice person posted a hint to me in the vamo section of the forum that one should use an adapter of some sort as the threading on the vamo isn't great. Screwing things in and out on an adapter will help stop that problem.

Soon to be Vamo owner with questions
    Agh, that''s right. The protank uses a 510, not the ego like the other kangers, it'll fit with out the cone.

yes, i have the pro-tank and so it seems I do need an adapter. I dont mind- still looks great and it vapes like a champ!

OH! I've had the Vamo for a couple weeks now- and boy, do I love it! If you have any questions- i'd be happy to help when you do. It's really awesome im sure you're gonna love it!
    Myrany likes this.

Super Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Tene View Post
    OH! I've had the Vamo for a couple weeks now- and boy, do I love it! If you have any questions- i'd be happy to help when you do. It's really awesome im sure you're gonna love it!
    I feel the same way )

Thanks Hiding!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast