Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Vamo vs SVD

Default Vamo vs SVD

Hi ECF!

Right now I vape a L-Rider Lavatube knock-off and wanted to upgrade to a Variable Wattage mod. My choices have come down to either the Vamo V2 or the Innokin iTaste SVD. Any suggestions??

Ultra Member ECF Veteran DuckysBooBoo's Avatar

Welcome to the forum.....Not familiar with the SVD, but I have 2 Vamos and really love them. Good Luck!!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingsalazar View Post
    Hi ECF!

Right now I vape a L-Rider Lavatube knock-off and wanted to upgrade to a Variable Wattage mod. My choices have come down to either the Vamo V2 or the Innokin iTaste SVD. Any suggestions??
    Both have a soft insulator under the positive pin in the 510 connector that if you over tighten a device may cause the pin to eventually loose contact and even displace the insulator. Not a difficult fix but just something you should be aware of. Same thing can happen on an ego style battery so *don't* over tighten things!

I love my Vamo. I can't imagine an easier to use interface for doing things. I can literally perform every function on the device, except turning it on and off (which require the typical five presses) with a single press of one thumb.

Welcome to ECF!
    Last edited by Oktyabr; 05-01-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: where are my manners?!?
    Stephuhnator likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Welcome to ECF , and simple math , tells tthe tale . The SVD costs 99.00 , the Vamo , as low as 29.00 ( from China ) or around 40 to 50.00 in the U.S. Both are prone to damaging the little gasket , under the contact plate . And if you need other input . You can go watch a few of PBusardo video's , on YouTube . Also , SVD has a weird button placement . Good Luck
    SS Sigelei Zmax V3 , an Innokin VTR , a Gus , an Nzonic V3 , a RAI Vape Launcher , and a Sentinel , Smok Magneto , a Private V2 , a Caravela , a Chi You , (2) RSST's and (1) AC9 & several RDA's

Default Vamo V's iTaste SVD

From my experience so far I would say pay the extra and get the SVD.

There are points for and against both some of which will come down to personal preference but here's my experiences having owned 2 Vamos and changed to the iTaste SVD in the past week.

The Vamo is cheaper and works well with the easiest to use control buttons but has one major flaw....
    The 501 connection is machined from brass and wears out fast and a drop or sitting on it with the tank connected will strip the thread.
    As it's a custom made 501 that has a large washer on the back it's not a simple strip and solder job, it can be done as shown in this thread:
    Vamo 501 replacement
    Making the part
    (Any users with a mini lathe and a box of washers could find a nice little sideline making this part as there is an ever increasing pile of dead Vamos out there)

The Vamo screen is brighter and easier to see in sunlight plus is orientated horizontally which I prefer.

So despite the fact the SVD screen is (for me) the wrong way, isn't as bright and has a slightly more complex button arrangement that does lead to pressing the wrong button when trying to fire (when you first get it) I'd say it is the better product in it has far better build quality and I think much better looking and quite eye catching, it does have a few other advantages as it will take all the ego style tanks I have tried including the T3 which requires an adapter on the Vamo and seems to add to the 501 wear issue because the drip well is too narrow and won't accept the larger knurled base of the T3.

I bought the iTaste SVD kit that comes with 2 iClear 30's and think it performs excellently, I was unsure about the looks of the iClear 30 with it's knuckle jointed drip tip but was completely won over by it's performance so far and put it quite close behind my AGA-T2+.

I've only had the SVD a week so can't say anything about long term reliability but after 6 month loving the Vamo I'm very pleased with everything about the SVD now I've changed a few habits and got to know it and was pleased to see the 501 connection made out of something more solid than brass...

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Numpty; 05-04-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Account closed on request

I have an SVD and it's as good as any other VV device in its class. One thing is the somewhat peculiar button placement, but one gets used to it. It's certainly not as well made and finished as a Provari and it is somewhat overpriced. I still feel the Vamo is the best bang for the buck device currently out there.

thanks everyone! I pulled the trigger and ordered the VAMO. Can't wait!
    wv2win likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Where did you wind up getting it from? I'm thinking of getting one too.
    Thanks.

so are vamos worth it. Seem to be the cheapiset . I just want to get the best for the buck thats not going to crap out on me and does equuivelent vaping to the Provari.

Quote Originally Posted by jcco View Post
    Where did you wind up getting it from? I'm thinking of getting one too.
    Thanks.
    I'm getting this Vamo v2

VV650 VAMO V2 (body only) eGo APV - VaporBreak

if you log in, it's an even better deal but it is just the vamo v2 epo apv, no peripherals, no batteries.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast