Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blu e-cig cartridge with a 510 battery like ego-c twist

Default Blu e-cig cartridge with a 510 battery like ego-c twist

Is it possible to put a Blu cartridge on a 510 battery like an ego-c twist? I really like the blu Magnificent Menthol flavor but not sure I want to shell out $90 for the Blu starter kit when I already have a vision spinner and ego-c twist.

I posted this in the blu part of the forum as well. Sorry for the double post.

Thanks.

Full Member* Verified Member Scot Thomas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Optimo: The last blu I had, did indeed use standard 3ohm 510 cartos. You may want to test the resistance before cranking the voltage up but in theory it should work just fine.

That's great news. If I could just buy their cartridges and hook them up to my spinner or twist and not get the starter kit I'd save a good deal of money. How would I go about testing the resistance? I don't have any tools to do that with. Maybe some kind soul here knows about that and would like to chime in *wink wink*

Blog Entries

a simple volt meter set to resistance. put the positive lead on the floating pin in the middle of the connector and the negative on the outside threading. check the reading. Anything below 2 ohms stay below 3.7 volts. 2-2.5 closer to 4, if it's a 3 you can run it wide open.

My personal choices for voltage and resistance based on my experience. You can toy with it to get the exact right vape for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Thomas View Post
    a simple volt meter set to resistance. put the positive lead on the floating pin in the middle of the connector and the negative on the outside threading. check the reading. Anything below 2 ohms stay below 3.7 volts. 2-2.5 closer to 4, if it's a 3 you can run it wide open.

My personal choices for voltage and resistance based on my experience. You can toy with it to get the exact right vape for you though.
    Interesting. If I just try it without the volt meter and wind up going over the proper voltage would I just get a burnt taste or would it ruin the cartridge, do you know? I think I'm going to go buy a pack of them tonight and try it out. If anyone else has tried specifically attaching a blu cartridge to a ego c twist or vision spinner or something along those lines I'd love to hear from you too.

Thanks for the info so far!

Blog Entries

If you turn it up too high you could burn the filling in the carto. I'd start low and gradually work up. Maybe .1 volts at a time until it's right. Nothing worse than the taste of a burned carto.

The Blu cartos don't work right on my Inferno, and it's a 510. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Blu cartos 808 threaded?

Blog Entries

TrveKvltKing:
    like I said, the last blu I owned was a 510 3ohm carto system. Been a couple years, and as of late all I've seen are disposable blu's. So I can't be 100% on the newer ones.

Quote Originally Posted by TrveKvltKing View Post
    The Blu cartos don't work right on my Inferno, and it's a 510. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Blu cartos 808 threaded?
    Is there any sort of 808 to 510 adapter if that turns out to be the case?

My google-fu says there are adapters. However, I read something about reverse polarity and Blu. Does that only apply to their batteries? I found one article where a guy said that the cartridges were 510 but TrveKvltKing states they do not work on his 510 battery. Ugh...
    Last edited by Optimo358; 05-06-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Optimo358 View Post
    Is there any sort of 808 to 510 adapter if that turns out to be the case?

My google-fu says there are adapters. However, I read something about reverse polarity and Blu. Does that only apply to their batteries? I found one article where a guy said that the cartridges were 510 but TrveKvltKing states they do not work on his 510 battery. Ugh...

I've seen other people on this forum say you can use blu cartos that you buy at the gas station on ego / 510 batteries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast