Kanger pro tank problems - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Kanger pro tank problems

Full Member Verified Member

I think you're not experiencing the spitting because you used ribbon wire and I used round. I have some ribbon arriving within days. I ordered it to improve the duel coils on my GG Ithaka but now that I've been enlightened by your video for these little coil heads with ribbon; it looks like I'll have to build a Protank coil right away as well.
    JUDGMENT AFFIRMED likes this.

One last thing I'd like to say about the Protank is: Although it's a superior low budget device because it's easily rebuildable and has a Pyrex tank, one disappointment with it is that it's chrome plated instead of stainless steel (that's a real downer for me), another big disappointment is that we're not given the ability to use our own drip tip (kinda sucks that Kanger does that with their devices).
    Last edited by Happy2beMe; 06-10-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Oh that makes sense. I thouht you used ribbon as well. With round wire spitting is possible since you have a lot of little gaps between wire and wick.
    Exclusive owner of clones
    I'm on tilt

Supporting Member

I don't like chrome either and I loathe the shape. I found the tatroe protank replacement @ cigtechs, it's made for the protank bottom and coil I think it's too expensive (and own several) but if you like the shape it solves your problems including the ability to use your own drip tip. With it on my provari mini and the tatroe stand/base it is so substantial and heavy the way I like my pv.

It's the one on top of the evic
    20130603_111446.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by barabus; 06-10-2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: orig pic is too small

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I hate to keep being the Debbie downer here but just from what I've read in this thread, as long as I re-wick (a skill I don't have) with wire (a material I wouldn't have if I was rebuilding), keep the tank at least half full which requires topping off more than a cart., and replace every thing except the bottom with a new tank and tip,... then it is perfect right out of the box.

What you are ending up with is a completely different product. It's not even a Pro-Tank any more. It is a Franken-clearo. And people are constantly recommending them to beginners? I think the next person who recommends a Pro to a newbie should get jimmie kicked.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I bought a protank yesterday. First tank was so so at first but started to get better. The following two tanks constantly have a burnt taste. No matter how low I turn my voltage still tastes burnt. I looked at the wicks and they looked a little darker but probably from the juice?

I don't know the mixture of the juice I have been running but I just bought some 50/50 for this tank and I don't kno what to do. I've heard of flipping the silicone over the wicks but I'm not sure what that does. Insight would be great. I may try removing a wick or changing heads. But I would hate to go through a head in less than 24 hours without that much use.

Any suggestions? It is currently rinsed off an air drying.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.shay View Post
    I hate to keep being the Debbie downer here but just from what I've read in this thread, as long as I re-wick (a skill I don't have) with wire (a material I wouldn't have if I was rebuilding), keep the tank at least half full which requires topping off more than a cart., and replace every thing except the bottom with a new tank and tip,... then it is perfect right out of the box.

What you are ending up with is a completely different product. It's not even a Pro-Tank any more. It is a Franken-clearo. And people are constantly recommending them to beginners? I think the next person who recommends a Pro to a newbie should get jimmie kicked.
    You know what with my 50/50 juice my protank was just fine right out of the box. IT GOT BETTER when I rewicked it but it ran wonderfully after just a fast rinse to clean off manufacturing crap and nothing more.

protank with flavor wicks left in place = burnt flavor sometimes
    protank with flavor wicks removed = leaking all over your mod.

sigh.

Full Member Supporting Member Soulkarve's Avatar

I have noticed similar problems with mine and have since resorted to leaving it at home (now I take my vivi out for the day). I haven't rewicked one yet but will try soon. I still have a couple of factory wicks. I am intrigued by the SS rebuild. I might have to try that sometime down the road.

Thanks all for the insight to the problem and the great suggestions.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.shay View Post

Well, all ya need to do is replace the wick and coil...

That said, i dont like the Protank. It is very nicely built, and with some handy skills you can make it a good vape, but we paid for the tank to be used right out of the box. Having to tinker to get it to vape well should not be a given.

It still has its place in my rotation though because it looks slick on a KTS Storm, doesnt leak like a Genesis and puts out an exceptional amount of vapor. A nice eye catcher, conversation piece or just to p-off smokers by blowing a rain cloud that swallows their smoke.
    Exclusive owner of clones
    I'm on tilt

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast