Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Broken Kanger Protank mouth piece....

Likes to vape... Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Broken Kanger Protank mouth piece....

Just checking to see if this has happened to anybody else. Just got a Kanger Protank about a week ago and have been loving it until just this afternoon. I noticed a film of juice on the outside of my tank. I thought I had just maybe spilled some juice or I was leaking internally and some juice was coming out the actual mouth hole. As I was wiping off the tank, the mouth piece popped right off. I had Key Lime juice in at the time for the good part of the day. Could flavors be killing protanks as well?!?! Or, did I just get a bad tank?Photo05151403.jpg

2. Advertisement
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think you just got a bad one. I had one that seperated on the other side. My B&M that i got it from was nice enough to swap it for a new one for me. I have 4 of them and that was the only one i have had a problem with.

4. Advertisement
    Full Member Verified Member

I think they use some sort of strong epoxy or glue to hold the top and bottom to the glass, maybe they skimped on your tank, but wouldn't rule out some flavors maybe eating at the glue I guess?

Full Member Verified Member wyllic's Avatar

It's entirely probable that the heavy acidic nature of the citrus juices would mess with the epoxy of the tanks.
    spaceballsrules likes this.

Super Member Verified Member BostLabs's Avatar

Well that truly sucks!

No issues with my Pro's (Knock on wood!).

OK being stupid now.... (tug, tug, pull,pull) Yup! Nice and solid.

Smoke free. As free as the wind you see...

Super Member ECF Veteran jimrug1's Avatar

When I first got mine, I assumed it came apart. Of course reading the instructions was not an option. I actually tried to unscrew it, tug it pull it. No go.. If you can't get it replaced, maybe you can glue it back on.

Bad tank more than likely, I have 4 Kanger's and not one issue afte rmodding the wicks and air holes

I think a bad tank....very bad...sorry

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

Likes to vape... Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Thanks eCig Forum folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hippieangst View Post
    Just checking to see if this has happened to anybody else. Just got a Kanger Protank about a week ago and have been loving it until just this afternoon. I noticed a film of juice on the outside of my tank. I thought I had just maybe spilled some juice or I was leaking internally and some juice was coming out the actual mouth hole. As I was wiping off the tank, the mouth piece popped right off. I had Key Lime juice in at the time for the good part of the day. Could flavors be killing protanks as well?!?! Or, did I just get a bad tank?Photo05151403.jpg
    My hope is this is just a random bad tank (fingers crossed). I had actually ordered a back up the other day, but it won't be here till the end of the week (anxious, indeed with USPS tracking page bookmarked).

UPDATE: my props to the folks at MyFreedomSmokes.com. I called up the customer service line and the rep already put a replacement tank in the mail with the instruction that I would mail back the defective one (was actually going to look into re-gluing it myself), but a replacement is just fine as well. Overall, my week with the Protank has been a nice upgrade from my Kanger T3 clearos, which seemed to only work for me for about 3 days before the gurgling noises started up.

Okay, if there are any folks at Kanger who just might stumble upon this thread....make the bottom piece and the mouth piece screw on...I'd be willing to pay a few extra dollars for that modification...
    BostLabs and daleron like this.

Full Member Verified Member wyllic's Avatar

It's nearly impossible to cut threads in Pyrex. Otherwise we'd have screw on glass tanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast