Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Digital Cartomizer / Atomizer Resistance Tester (Ohm Meter)

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

[QUOTE=Kevo56;9964793]I managed to pick one up a few weeks ago from Mad Vapes. I get consistant readings and it's so much easier than trying to hold the probes just right with a multimeter. For any popular out of stock items, make sure you sign up for email notification and check your email at least twice a day. I lucked out and ordered it the same day I received the notification.[/QU
    If you ever need a guinea pig, let me know. My grandfather was in the Tuskegee experiments.

2. Advertisement

Hi All,
    It my first post on ECF. I looked everywhere for this Ohm meter and with no luck I could not find any in stock.
    I came across the Ohm Led display, below is the link.
    DROK 3 1/2 AC/DC Digital Display LCD Resistance Meter Ohmmeter Impedance Tester 0-200 Ohm Measure - Amazon.com
    (13 in stock) $14.50

I went to radio shack and purchased a 9v connector, switch and wire (24G) and a plastic box.
    I mocked everything out of the box to make sure everything worked. I then made holes in the box to fit the switch. display and 510 connector.

Below is what I built:
    http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps760b2e79.jpg
    http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse5c86064.jpg
    http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps78b7899a.jpg

For accuracy, I tested dead on with my Fluke meter.

For detailed questions just reply.

Thanks, Hope this helps....
    tw39515 and Vapolith like this.

4. Advertisement

I am a student for an Electrical Engineer program so I have a few multimeters laying around. I just use those. Takes holding the leads just right on the atty I'm testing, but they haven't failed me yet. It will even read out a sub ohm for me.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ~DropShot~ View Post
    Hi All,
    It my first post on ECF. I looked everywhere for this Ohm meter and with no luck I could not find any in stock.
    I came across the Ohm Led display, below is the link.
    DROK 3 1/2 AC/DC Digital Display LCD Resistance Meter Ohmmeter Impedance Tester 0-200 Ohm Measure - Amazon.com
    (13 in stock) $14.50

I went to radio shack and purchased a 9v connector, switch and wire (24G) and a plastic box.
    I mocked everything out of the box to make sure everything worked. I then made holes in the box to fit the switch. display and 510 connector.

Below is what I built:
    http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps760b2e79.jpg
    http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse5c86064.jpg
    http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps78b7899a.jpg

For accuracy, I tested dead on with my Fluke meter.

For detailed questions just reply.

Thanks, Hope this helps....
    been eying those on ebay, does it pass voltage through atty? nice work by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavaca5 View Post
    Not to be a buttinski, here, but I thought that about my Provari, too. It works just fine as long as the ohms are @1.2 or higher, but it's not much help when I'm wrapping a coil to use on a mechanical and need to make sure I'm not gonna 'splode or anything. I don't do the super sub-ohm thing (not intentionally, anyway ), but I do aim for 1.1 to 1.2. At that resistance level, all I get on the Provari is an error code, so I don't know if I'm in the sweet spot or the red zone . If you're not using an RBA, or if you're just more adept at wrapping a coil than I am (most people are), the Evic meter should be all you need. Just depends on what you're metering and why.
    EVIC will read coils less than 1.2ohms it just won't fire them I have used mine to read out .4ohm coils (dual 1 ohm). Most other devices won't let you get that far. I will however only use the evic when I don't have my fluke meter handy (have a couple of them for my job)

DeviantArt Ω freak Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

My old eVic is my Ω meter. But if you don't have a VV/VW device which reads Ω's then that which you are looking for is nice.

"REAL failure is lacking the guts to fail in the first place"
    "If your too scared to take a carefully evaluated risk which could make you loose it all or you have made decisions which limit it all you'll never get all you can"

Quote Originally Posted by tw39515 View Post
    been eying those on ebay, does it pass voltage through atty? nice work by the way!
    TW, I built this only to read ohms. It got me thinking how I can measure the pass thru voltage thru an atty. I guess with the correct adapter I can try to implement this in the device. Stay tuned for Rev.2!

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I have a few of the Droks coming in. I want to play with them.

I also have some OP Amps ICs and I am going to buy a 7601 IC.

I will know more when I play around some.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ~DropShot~ View Post
    TW, I built this only to read ohms. It got me thinking how I can measure the pass thru voltage thru an atty. I guess with the correct adapter I can try to implement this in the device. Stay tuned for Rev.2!
    i know, but if it passes voltage through a dry carto or atty it could burn

Quote Originally Posted by tw39515 View Post
    i know, but if it passes voltage through a dry carto or atty it could burn
    Oh I see, the voltage is only supplied to the display. No voltage thru the Atty
    tw39515 likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast