How to use a glass pro tank??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: How to use a glass pro tank???

Full Member ECF Veteran JuiceJug's Avatar

same here, rinse, pat dry, put back on and vape.simple
    Dannyboy5691 and rockmissjess like this.
    Ego VV Twists, Evic, Segelei Zmax,

[/url]

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

the only major downside ive seen so far is the 510 threading breaks off, a fellow vaper just had 2 break last night from a 2-3 foot fall, but like many others i like my protank and it works really well on my mini ego clone with the ego cone on it i find the draw is just about right

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rockmissjess View Post
    Honestly that sounds to me like i would screw it up for sure... thanks for your tip id be a lil scared to do that tho LoL I'd also have to go to the store and get sum vodka as i dont really drink.. (LoL...i do have sum rum in the freezer tho)
    Hey rum works too you can do it I have faith in ya
    Dannyboy5691 and rockmissjess like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I do recommend a dry burn after the cleaning. It will burn all the gunk off and get your coil firing at max efficiency. Sometimes cleaning alone did not remove the burnt taste that I would occasionally get. Dry burning removed any burnt taste I experienced. The thread below, although not specifically for the ProTank, will guide you through the process. Just remember to remove the stem so you can see the coil turn red.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...on-method.html
    Dannyboy5691 likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rockmissjess View Post
    lol im too much of a noob to be doing any building at the moment lol
    Take my word for it - in another week or two on here, you'll muster the courage!

If you choose to use the EVOD heads on your protank, cravinvapes has them 5 for $7, then use the coupon code "CRAVE" for 5% off. THey ship really fast to AZ.
    Provari V2, 3 eVics, Protanks - works for me!

Relax, don't do it . . . when you wanna VAPE.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

You will hopefully notice a few things from peoples recommendations.

1) Advice about pulling the wicks - Do Not just pull one of the wicks out. Some need to in order to get hte e-liquid to flow properly. Others just end up with a leaky tank. Many factors play into it. Juice thickness, Vape temperature (watts) Wick assembly -Factory tolerances.
    First you try it, then you evaluate it and only then should you decide if adjustments are needed.

2) Coil resistance. If you are going to switch to Evod coils, 1.8 is fine and will give a warmer vape. Protank 1.8 coils are very hit and miss for giving a burnt taste. Poor assembly or the Airy draw, how knows, but Kanger does not recommend them yet.

3) Head survival - notice<some say a week while others say month+> How long the heads last depends greatly on YOU.
    Dark juices - Rinse the tank and wicks in HOT water at least every other tank full.
    Lighter juices - Rinse every 3-5 Tanks.
    Minimum every 1-1.5 weeks after rinsing, take the Pipe off the Wicks, remove the flavor wicks and dry with a napkin.
    Hold each with tweezers and use a (Bic) lighter to burn off residue from the wick centers.
    While flavor wicks are out, attach base to battery and Pulse 3-5 seconds until Coils start to glow orange.
    Repeat Pulsing to burn off dried residue and blow off once cooled. Wick should burn back to white.

Assembly - Fill - go vaping again.

I have fully functional wicks over 9 months old.
    9x4=36x$2.50(per wick)=$90 PER TANK NOT SPENT replacing coils weekly. That is a lot of extra cash for Juice and more toys.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Well I am new so rather than advise you I will only report my experience with the protaank. I started vaping with a Provari and a Kanger Protank 3 weeks ago. I use 5/50 18nic juice from MTV. I rinse in hot every night and refill every morning. Last night I did a short soak in some vodka . I have used this tank elusively for over 2 weeks now and I have no burnt taste and the wicks still look really clean.
    Stu
    Dannyboy5691 likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post
    You will hopefully notice a few things from peoples recommendations.

1) Advice about pulling the wicks - Do Not just pull one of the wicks out. Some need to in order to get hte e-liquid to flow properly. Others just end up with a leaky tank. Many factors play into it. Juice thickness, Vape temperature (watts) Wick assembly -Factory tolerances.
    First you try it, then you evaluate it and only then should you decide if adjustments are needed.

2) Coil resistance. If you are going to switch to Evod coils, 1.8 is fine and will give a warmer vape. Protank 1.8 coils are very hit and miss for giving a burnt taste. Poor assembly or the Airy draw, how knows, but Kanger does not recommend them yet.

3) Head survival - notice<some say a week while others say month+> How long the heads last depends greatly on YOU.
    Dark juices - Rinse the tank and wicks in HOT water at least every other tank full.
    Lighter juices - Rinse every 3-5 Tanks.
    Minimum every 1-1.5 weeks after rinsing, take the Pipe off the Wicks, remove the flavor wicks and dry with a napkin.
    Hold each with tweezers and use a (Bic) lighter to burn off residue from the wick centers.
    While flavor wicks are out, attach base to battery and Pulse 3-5 seconds until Coils start to glow orange.
    Repeat Pulsing to burn off dried residue and blow off once cooled. Wick should burn back to white.

Assembly - Fill - go vaping again.

I have fully functional wicks over 9 months old.
    9x4=36x$2.50(per wick)=$90 PER TANK NOT SPENT replacing coils weekly. That is a lot of extra cash for Juice and more toys.
    This is a really good summation. Vapor lady also has a video on YouTube about dry burning the coils on the Pro tank. I've just had a stroke and lost about 50% of my fine motor skills in my right arm and leg. If I can do it I'm sure you can. I'll post a link to the video for you.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Nice sum up crxess.

One thing i dont agree with though is burning off the residue with a lighter. The heat is too much for the rubber gasket in the head and can ruin it. Quick pulsing is enough.
    aussiedog61 and Dannyboy5691 like this.
    Exclusive owner of clones
    I'm on tilt

ECF Veteran

This is the link. Although Vapor Lady is using an Evod, it's just about the same head. Good luck!
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=tDRlInNt05Y
    Last edited by Dannyboy5691; 05-19-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    CheriePie likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast