Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: high end mods?

Senior Member Verified Member

Default high end mods?

I'm kinda wanting to get a really high end mod, for not so much of a high end price. Looking for something that will work really good with an RBA, both in high ohm and low ohm, maybe even sub-ohm, and also still work well with something like a protank. At this point it looks like its a toss up between a DNA20 mod of some sort, and a mechanical with a kick. Anyone have any suggestions?
    El_tecolote likes this.

NCR Ranger Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

See what I'm not quite getting here is, what would the difference be from this mod, and any other mechanical mod? They all seem to be 18650 battery with a "kick" installed. Then just any RBA or Carto/clearo. Am I mistaken on that?

Super Member ECF Veteran MikeJA's Avatar

I don't use a kick in any of my mechanicals. Kind of defeats the purpose imo. 69 mod is really nice as far as build quality and being able to use 510s.

Mind if I ask why no kick? I guess the kick puts a limit on the output, whereas the straight mech mod puts output based on the ohm resistance of the coil itself? Or does the mech mod just put out a constant 3.7 no matter what ohm head or coil you have on it?

I'm not really seeing the advantage of having a straight 3.7 no matter what, resistance, unless maybe the kick would block very low ohm coils?

I'm just trying to understand the advantages of how these work, because most of the VV mods seem to have a pretty tight limit on power and adjustment, moreso with higher resistance coils. The DNA 20 seems to offer a bit more, but it also kinda blocks out adjustment on lower ohm coils, which I really have no intrest in going below a 1.4 right now, but in the future, who knows.

I'm really looking to get into RBA's, but is variable voltage a bad thing with an RBA?

Full Member Verified Member

Variable voltage is great but is usually maxed out at 3.5 amps which limits RBAs. Anything lower than 1.2 ( I may be a tenth or two of a volt off) yields the kick useless on a mod.
    Julopy likes this.

In my opinion, a mech mod with a Kick will defeat its purpose as a real mech. Been vaping for 6 month now..still using my ego twist and a secondhand mini lambo 4.0..i still prefer vv mod though..

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Just my 2cents but "High End" = build quality and you pay for that level of quality. That having been said there are really sweet PV's out there that perform really well and you don't have to drop your inheritance to get them.

Innokin has the MVP and SVD, both have gotten great reviews, the new stainless Vamo V2 I know is really popular.
    BdMoore85 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Im sorry to say that you dont seem like youre ready for a high end mod.

Why? Because from your questions (asking questions is good!) it appears to me that you dont actually know yet what a mech really does, what the difference between devices is, why one might choose mech over electronic devices, and the likes. Im not trying to rip you; i sincerely think that it is too early and that you should spend more time researching before dropping your money. This way when and if you have a high end mod you can actually appreciate the money you spent on it.
    Izan, KerryK, Horselady154 and 3 others like this.
    Exclusive owner of clones
    I'm on tilt

Lot of questions for you to be answered before a real high end mod.
    Battery part not so much but atomizer yes .
    For high end battery part as a beginer I would recomend VV or VW mod and stay a way from the mechanicals untill u perfect atomizers and recoiling , playng whit diferent materials and so on untill you are apsolutly shure what you are doing and know what you want to achive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast