Second hand nicotine from vapor?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Second hand nicotine from vapor?

Default Second hand nicotine from vapor?

This is a question I have been wondering about since I do vape sometimes in the car with the window rolled down with my son in the car. I was wondering if I am exposing him to nicotine and how much? Anyone know?

I think as vape as similar to a cigarettes if you would not let your son smoke it (at his current age) I would not smoke in confined spaces with him.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

From what I've read, the nic in e-vape disperses quicker than in analog smoke. However, erring on the side of caution is always best, especially around kids in such a confined space. Just remember also, now you are not exposing him to the other 3,999 chemicals in analog smoke that can linger on your clothes and in your breath, he was more at risk then than he is now.

Infinity Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

According to the information I have read, the water vapor produced by ecigs dissipates in less than 9 seconds, considerably faster than cigarette smoke. Additionally, it does not leave deposits or contaminate everything exposed to it. That said, even second hand smoke has not been definitively proven to be an actual health risk therefore vapor from an ecig should be even less so. Of potentially more concern might be the example set by vaping in front of a child. For that reason alone I would refrain from any exposure to the child if at all possible.
    kabonk and AgentAnia like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I do smoke in my house with my parents around. but what they told me that it doesn't give any smell or smoke. and I enjoy vape when Im driving while the window was close. hahaha

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I recall someone saying they for the last 2 years have vaped near their pet bird and have done tests on the bird to see if nicotine was being transferred to the bird an all tests on the bird came back negative. And they said they vaped literally next to their cage so I'm going to take a guess and say it's not bad as long as you don't blow it in the kids face.

Also read earlier that everyone has some sort of level of nicotine in them naturally being intake from foods ect and our environment that carry it naturally.

Don't know how well you feel about all that jazz but as I stated before I think in a car with the windows down and you aren't blowing it directly in his face, he should be fine.
    rmarcus929 likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran KerryK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mighty26 View Post
    This is a question I have been wondering about since I do vape sometimes in the car with the window rolled down with my son in the car. I was wondering if I am exposing him to nicotine and how much? Anyone know?
    Second hand vaping - any risk?

by the same token if some made peanut flavor e-liquid would it trigger allergic reactions?

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

"Conclusions: For all byproducts measured, electronic cigarettes produce very small exposures relative to tobacco cigarettes. The study indicates no apparent risk to human health from e-cigarette emissions based on the compounds analyzed."
    An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Regardless of any studies I personally choose not to vape around children.
    Last edited by Vapoor eyes er; 06-01-2013 at 12:46 AM.
    Talyon and InTheShade like this.

I had a guy at work freak out because he "thought I was smoking inside" when I explained it to him, he was still concerned about the second hand vapor...I wouldn't vape with children in the room but IMO second hand vapor dissipates far too fast to be hazardous

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast